996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

power retractable license mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:11 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr. C4
I have had plates done in sticker material and it takes a lot for the cops to actually see that it is not an original plate. No drilled holes as a result and flush on a Porsche!
I have seen this too on European super exotics. I don't know if that's legal here in the US though?

Old 07-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Don't think it is legal anywhere but I have gotten away with a reprimand by the cops on a few occasion, when they have had roadblocks checking mainly for DUI.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
mine should show up in the next day or two will advise

Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Empyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to behold
Hey Steve -- so what was the verdict? How debilitating is the decreased clearance, if any? I live in San Francisco. Some of our HILLS would make me scrape my front-end (not really, but it is an urban environment with some pretty acute angles in parking garages).

Old 12-08-2012, 04:14 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. C4
I have had plates done in sticker material and it takes a lot for the cops to actually see that it is not an original plate. No drilled holes as a result and flush on a Porsche!
Have any pics of your sticker tags?

Would like to see pics of your set up as well Steve.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:43 AM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
I've had the sticker plates before too. They can even be made from reflective white back ground which makes them look just like the real thing. No holes, flush with the bumper; aerodynamic =) Reflective material kinda kills the laser radar, lightdar benefit of not having the front plate though.
No it is not legal but most of the time LEO won't even pay attention to them; all they spot is that you have a plate. That way it doesn't give them an excuse to pull you over. If you get pulled over and the officer decides to let you have it then he can write you up for that too. At that point you are pretty screwed anyway, he\she is going to write you up for as much as they can so the $50 fix it ticket is the least of your worries.
One of these sticker places should be able to scan your plate and make you one, or make one from scratch using the right fonts.