996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Alignment spec's #'s for each

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Alignment spec's #'s for each

Well all my suspension stuff is going on the car and I will need to do an alignment this week.

Replacing all dog bones and training arms and toe links and upper control arms, plus control arm bushings with a set of Champion motorsports components. Thanks to Tom for all the help with these things.

Plus I added a set of RSS monoballs for the lower control arms and a set of there wonderful looking engine mounts.

GMG's own designed Eibach sways.

Thanks to all the companies for setting me up with the components. I look forward to seeing how the car will handle afterwards.

What are yall running for alignment spec's for a semi aggressive street set up. I have no more race track close to home so I might as well save some tire life and not get to wild, the car is driven really spiritedly (insert like it is stolen)

I was think I would start around here

Toe
0.0 mm Front
2.0 mm toe in Rear

Camber
-1.8 degree front or max I can get stock
-1.8 degree rear

Sways
Rear med stiff
front soft

After talking to the wonderful people at BBI http://bbiautosport.com/ I changed some numbers. Thanks BBI, you guys have been just so helpful so far. A++++++ for you all

I am really excited about getting the car back on the road with the new set up and doing some testing. Just so sad that my city does not have a track still.

Last edited by Engine Guy; 07-30-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Changed alignment settings
Old 07-30-2012, 10:11 AM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
The following two are my setup done at GMG's own facility. Hope they help.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1055419...55196074798594

https://picasaweb.google.com/1055419...55201020390994

-Arman

Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
IMO. I would not switch the front sway from what I have heard- and my driving myself. Ask yourself ( you do pro road racing right ?) if you like a under/over or a balanced car. But from I'm reading your settings, and MY personal experience with MY driving style, and if you push anywhere above 6/10s - you want overseer settings this car, as it under steers a lot without them.

For street:
front: 1/32 toe OUT
1.4 neg camber
rear: 1/32 toe IN
1.9 neg camber
Enrique

Front sway: Stock
Rear Sway: 1 hole away from full stiff (GT2 sway)

Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
Thanks Guys for the input. I updated my spec above with some new numbers after talking to Joey From BBI about all the variables to consider.

Enrique you are going less then 1mm toe in out back and the same toe out in the front. Seems like way to little out back and way to much upfront.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:42 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
Thanks Guys for the input. I updated my spec above with some new numbers after talking to Joey From BBI about all the variables to consider.

Enrique you are going less then 1mm toe in out back and the same toe out in the front. Seems like way to little out back and way to much upfront.
If you want your rear tires to last 1/32nd. If you don't care about your tire wear or don't go in a straight line ( like myself ) I user 1/16 rear and 1/16 front. The point of adding toe out up front is for a fast turn in and it creates over steer.

I get VERY even tire wear with that toe- BUT I don't drive going straight for most of the time.

MY settings if i recall correctly:

Front toe: 1/16 toe out
Front camber: -2.8

Rear sway: GT2, 1 hole away from full stiff
Rear toe: 1/16 toe in
Rear camber: - 3.2

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 07-30-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:23 AM
The alignment tech at BBI tells me with -1.8 camber on the rears the tires actually wear much better with more toe in, thus the 2mm per side toe in spec. 2 mm is about 1/12. Now that much Toe is more than I was originally planning on running by a bunch but he has set up way more P-car then I ever have so I guess I try it out for myself.

I am figuring that 0.0mm toe in for the front will be a good compromise as my car will see way more road than track now. I do like fast turn in on the track but I think 0 will be a more forgiving neutral set up for the road.

I would tend to think that your spec of 1/16 out on the front would make for one heck of an unstable car at speed plus a killer of front tires?

Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
If you want your rear tires to last 1/32nd. If you don't care about your tire wear or don't go in a straight line ( like myself ) I user 1/16 rear and 1/16 front. The point of adding toe out up front is for a fast turn in and it creates over steer.

I get VERY even tire wear with that toe- BUT I don't drive going straight for most of the time.

MY settings if i recall correctly:

Front toe: 1/16 toe out
Front camber: -2.8

Rear sway: GT2, 1 hole away from full stiff
Rear toe: 1/16 toe in
Rear camber: - 3.2

Last edited by Engine Guy; 07-31-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
The alignment tech at BBI tells me with -1.8 camber on the rears the tires actually wear much better with more toe in, thus the 2mm per side toe in spec. 2 mm is about 1/12. Now that much Toe is more than I was originally planning on running by a bunch but he has set up way more P-car then I ever have so I guess I try it out for myself.

I am figuring that 0.0mm toe in for the front will be a good compromise as my car will see way more road than track now. I do like fast turn in on the track but I think 0 will be a more forgiving neutral set up for the road.

I would tend to think that your spec of 1/16 out on the front would make for one heck of an unstable car at speed plus a killer of front tires?

Not unstable to me. It was almost even wear up front, until I installed the splitter- now it does eat up tires. So I might tone it back to 1/32nd out, since the splitter is helping with the turn in vs the using a lot of toe.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by anikzad
The following two are my setup done at GMG's own facility. Hope they help.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1055419...55196074798594

https://picasaweb.google.com/1055419...55201020390994

-Arman

Hmmm judging by those numbers you are in the ball park of my numbers. At combined # of 0.42deg toe in, in the rear if you are using 19 inch rims you are about 2.5mm combined toe in; and with camber angles at -1.8deg from what everyone in the know tells me about p car alignment spec's that is a very favorable number for great tire wear yet still handles well for aggressive street driving. Yet the 2.5 is more aggressive favoring stability. I myself would favor a little less stable number.

Your front spec's are very very conservative in terms of both camber and toe out, you cannot get much more camber with a stock upper mount. I was originally going to go neutral with my front toe out but now I have changed my mind and will go about 0.75mm combined toe out in the front which is about 0.13 deg combined toe out angle.