996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

P0701 Pd code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
The battery has to be disconnected long enough for the capacitors to discharge, or a capacitive discharge has to be performed. All codes will clear, but hard faults will come back.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
ok. i have had the battery off for 2 weeks (went to paris with the family for a week) now back to getting this fixed. also just got the ecu back from eplabs. they had to do a bench load for the tune with the k16 billits and other stuff.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pat
if there are some codes that cant be cleared with battery disconnect how are they cleared. i have a code reader and a flash cable , but not duramatic software. what ever i need to get i will get.
To clarify (codes and faults)
In the event of an open circuit in the voltage supply 'terminal 30', the
following values are deleted from the control module:
All fault memory entries
♦ Stored freeze frames of the faults
♦ All adaptation values
♦ The learned values of the throttle adjustment unit
♦ Ready statuses of individual diagnosis routines

Remedying faults (CE lamp OUT):
When a fault occurs for the first time during a diagnostic routine, it
is stored as a suspected fault. In the subsequent driving cycle, the
suspicion is either confirmed (fault recurs) or cancelled (fault does
not recur, no indication on a scan tool). If the fault activates the CE
lamp, a fault correction counter is started at the same time with a
certain value (e.g. 5). In the course of further diagnostic routines, if
the fault is not present in the same range window the correction
counter is decremented by 1. If the correction counter has the
value 0, the fault is assessed as remedied. If the fault activated the
Check Engine warning light, this will be switched off if not prevented
by any further fault. The fault remains in the fault memory for the
time being and is only deleted after a number of further warm-up
cycles (defined in the fault deletion counter) (workshop assistance if
for example the tank cap is temporarily not correctly screwed in).

Also the DME control module must perform a learning and adaptation
routine for the throttle adjustment unit if:
♦ The power supply to the DME control module is interrupted
♦ The DME control module plugs are disconnected
♦ A new DME control module is installed
♦ The throttle adjustment unit is replaced
♦ The DME is programmed.
To do this:
1. Switch the ignition on for 1 minute without starting the engine.
Do not actuate the accelerator pedal (for instance, make sure
that there is not a carpet pressing on the pedal).
2. Switch off ignition for at least 10 seconds.

I personally think having duramteric is a must if you plan or have any mods.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pat
if there are some codes that cant be cleared with battery disconnect how are they cleared. i have a code reader and a flash cable , but not duramatic software. what ever i need to get i will get.
Come on Pat read all the posts , Ive just told you how to clear the codes. you need a Durametric or PST2. It doesn't matter how long you leave the battery off, there are some codes and also the adaptive values that will not clear with a disconnected battery .
The DME can store a limited selection of Tip codes, but to read out the TCU ( which has all the codes and adaptive values)you must interrogate the module with, as mentioned , a PST2 PIWIS or Durametric. Most and nearly all other scanners will not interrogate the TCU

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-17-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
did not see that in your post... roger that. i have the flash cable ... can i just download the duramatic on my laptop.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pat
did not see that in your post... roger that. i have the flash cable ... can i just download the duramatic on my laptop.
No worries. If you have a problem understanding the codes pm me and I will have a look in the workshop manual and copy them to you.
I normally respond quicker to enquiries@sunnysidebb.co.uk

Old 08-17-2012, 09:01 PM
pat
just tryed a few things. drained out 5 quarts and took the pan off. the fluid was worn but not horible. i back flushed the filter. no metal present in the pan or the filter. the magnet had a normal amount of dust. no visual problems... i put all back together 5 new quarts back in and took out for a spin. same problem. back on the lift to check the fluid level. it was 2 quarts low. i thought that was it , took out for another spin around the country road block and same problem.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by pat
just tryed a few things. drained out 5 quarts and took the pan off. the fluid was worn but not horible. i back flushed the filter. no metal present in the pan or the filter. the magnet had a normal amount of dust. no visual problems... i put all back together 5 new quarts back in and took out for a spin. same problem. back on the lift to check the fluid level. it was 2 quarts low. i thought that was it , took out for another spin around the country road block and same problem.
My advice having had a Tip failure is stop driving it for now, get the full codes pulled and then you will have an idea where the problem lies. My tip had a fracture in the pump housing which was letting the box slip when changing gear.
You dont want to do any more damage of the clutch packs just in case the fault is electrical such as N1,2 3 sensor faults, PSU faults or Valve block faults.
Frank

Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 AM
pat
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM
pat
Went out to get some gas this morning. I figured I would not go above third gear and see if any codes came up. At first it went through the gears, but shortly it just stayed in third with no other problems just in third and would not go in any other gear . The same code came up po701

Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by pat
Went out to get some gas this morning. I figured I would not go above third gear and see if any codes came up. At first it went through the gears, but shortly it just stayed in third with no other problems just in third and would not go in any other gear . The same code came up po701
IIRC there is an emergency run diode that allows 4th to be selected but not normally 3rd?.
once again I must emphasise P0701 is not enough code information. There is a further set of codes which are associated with 0701. ie emergency run diode activation, n1 slippage etc. You MUST get the codes read out properly. Before expensive removal of the box, you might just have a simple signal missing or wiring defect.

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-19-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:31 AM
pat
Roger that. I will get a better coad reader today and get the sub code. That said I read the scribd doc above last night. The trans is totally electronic. Also when I went around the block yesterday the 701 code came up, but I do not think any physical thing occurred .... I kept it in the lower gears and there wasn't any slipping or over speeding or such.... There are codes for all the solenoids malfunction..... It could be a sensor ... Looks like the next step is to get the sub code , drop the pan and hydraulic plate ... The trouble should be on the plate. It still would be nice to swap a known good tcm just to double check that. My wife has a 996 cab 2001 tip.... Probably a different unit.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
pat
Old 08-23-2012, 05:02 PM
pat
more info

Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
pat

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: P0701 Pd code