996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Europipe stage 1 or stage 2 for my 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:42 PM
frostyman will become famous soon enough
Europipe stage 1 or stage 2 for my 996TT?

Hi there. I'm David and lives in Sweden (which could explain some grammatical flaws in the text below. )

I've got a 996 TT '01 (only flashed), and have been looking for a sport exhaust for quite som time now.
Got stuck with the Europipe since it seemes to have a nearly outstanding finish.

I've compared all of the movies of the diffrent stages available on youtube, but cannot really come to a final decision.

Stage 1 got an higher pitch which I thought could be explained by it's smaller pipe diameter. According to Stef @ Europipe
it still would be fine with larger turbochargers like the k24 (concidering future upgrades).

Stage 2 Quiet almost seemes to be on the silent side in my opinion which make me feel like the Loud version might be the right one here.
How loud are they? It would be nice if the noice of normal driving didn't upset the police too much, and possibly even be okay in our car inspetcion.
Every car in Sweden must be tested once a year to determine its road and enviromental saftey.

So.. Stage 1 or Stage 2L boys and girls?

Last edited by frostyman; 08-14-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
dont know your laws but this guy isnt to happy with swiss laws.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...aust-sale.html

Old 08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
David,

You should speak to Richard CH. Not only did he prefer our SpeedTech 996TT exhaust to what you are consideing (he had one prior, so he knows all about them), but he is selling it for a great price - if it's still available. He would be a good source of information for you...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Ajs76 will become famous soon enough
I have the EP2 Loud and honestly man, it's pretty loud. I've set off car alarms in garages by either driving by or starting my car next to other cars with sensitive alarms.

It's not like you'll set off every car alarm, but in a enclosed area especially it is noticebly loud.

Standing next to the car idling in open areas, there will be no question the car has an exhaust, so if you think you could get in trouble for it, I would probably steer towards the quiet.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I have the S1 and it's barely louder than stock. Would NOT do it again.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Love the EP2Q Nice when you are just driving...roars when you step on it.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:37 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Do yourself a favor and check out the 100 cell Milltek system..

Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
John, is the Milltek quiet(all things relative). I need to mellow out my car but, I'm probably going to just build my own..

Old 08-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Banned
mmm635 will become famous soon enoughmmm635 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ajs76
I have the EP2 Loud and honestly man, it's pretty loud. I've set off car alarms in garages by either driving by or starting my car next to other cars with sensitive alarms.

It's not like you'll set off every car alarm, but in a enclosed area especially it is noticebly loud.

Standing next to the car idling in open areas, there will be no question the car has an exhaust, so if you think you could get in trouble for it, I would probably steer towards the quiet.
I chuckled the first time my car did that in the parking garage where I work. It set off two alarms the first day and the parking attendant walked over to my car (1st to 5th floor) to tell me that it sounded like a spaceship reverberating everywhere and wanted to know what it was. Yes, in confined spaces it is very, very noticeable but out in the open it sounds really good. "Loud" is very subjective.

OP one thing you don't have to worry about with the EP is that there is no drone - very important.

I like mine so much I emailed EP to see if they could fab one for my 91 Turbo, but they said they no longer are equipped to support that model.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:27 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evil 996tt
John, is the Milltek quiet(all things relative). I need to mellow out my car but, I'm probably going to just build my own..
Yes its on the mellow side compared to most X-pipes..
It does sound nice AND makes power..I had a modified stock first , then a Cargraphics and did cat swaps ,then went to the Milltek for better flow/power and a more stealth sound as compared to a look at me sound...I did do research before I bought it..I am happy...
BUT now I might want a Little louder system...Hearing is not as good as it was before ...LOL..

Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Yes its on the mellow side compared to most X-pipes..
It does sound nice AND makes power..I had a modified stock first , then a Cargraphics and did cat swaps ,then went to the Milltek for better flow/power and a more stealth sound as compared to a look at me sound...I did do research before I bought it..I am happy...
BUT now I might want a Little louder system...Hearing is not as good as it was before ...LOL..
We'll have to meet up sometime. I would like to hear what "quiet" is like.

sorry for the ot OP!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 AM
We'll have to meet up sometime. I would like to hear what "quiet" is like.

sorry for the ot OP!
Sounds like a plan..PM me with your info..

Old 08-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Love my EP1. No drone and a very nice sound without being too loud. I set off car alarms in garages all the time but out in the open its not too loud. All depends on what you want. It fit the bill perfectly for me with my flashed k16 car.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:20 PM
frostyman will become famous soon enough
Hello again!

Have done some evening shifts @ work, and therefore not been able to
answer this thread. Many thoughtful comments, thank you for thoose.

However I came to the conclusion that I would be most disappointed if the
system tended to be at the quiet side - so I made an order of the S2 Loud

I rarely drive in the city, so I hope it will be a keeper

I can update this thread when it's delivered

Greetings
David

Old 08-17-2012, 07:50 AM
don johnson will become famous soon enoughdon johnson will become famous soon enough
I installed the Milltek 200 cell cat exhaust 2 weeks ago and am very happy with it, it produced a nice mellow sound which was important given this car is my wifes daily driver and is a cabriolet but has enough of a low, non resonating sound to make driving it more engaging. The performance difference was surprising. This is an X50 car with a UMW tune and it was night and day. I know many are pro 100 cell count and I am sure it would run a little better with 100 cell but that said the exhaust made a big difference in all around performance. They say that the peak HP and Tq increase is somewhere around 20 hp and 20 ft pds tq and you can feel the increase in peak HP but the exhaust actually makes a huge difference all around, the turbos spool up WAY quicker and at lower RPM. Driving along in 6th gear at 65 and pushing down the go pedal is pretty fun without a downshift now....

My wife commented on how the car no longer wants to die in casual clutch release off the line which was also a surprising benefit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Europipe stage 1 or stage 2 for my 996TT?