996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any One Running K24/20's WithOut Blow Thru?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Any One Running K24/20's WithOut Blow Thru?

Hey Guys, Just wanted to know out of the K24/20 users who is running standard induction and MAF..And maybe some feed back..Thanks
Still on the back of my mind to go from my K24/18's to them ,with my mods on below signature..
I probably should save my pennies for 3071's though...

Old 09-05-2012, 12:51 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
No blow thru for me. Mafless tune.
I will tell you that 24/20's pull a lot harder than my 24/18's did.
I have not done any 60-130's but my car feels a lot stronger.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
No blow thru for me. Mafless tune.
I will tell you that 24/20's pull a lot harder than my 24/18's did.
I have not done any 60-130's but my car feels a lot stronger.
HI, THANKS..But were you running the same fuel octane /boost on 18s to make that comparison?

Old 09-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I just did a bigger billet wheel( 20g type) but its a on a blow thru....runs awesome...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-05-2012, 02:51 PM
RaWBGT3 is on a distinguished road
that last yellow pic looks wild.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:25 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI, THANKS..But were you running the same fuel octane /boost on 18s to make that comparison?
Yes both using ms109. I run 1.6bar with race fuel.
I have heard that 18's do great up to 1.4 & then the 20's start to out shine them. It seems like a lot more torque down low with the 20's.

The 20's I have also have a clipped Billet wheel for faster spool.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I have heard that 18's do great up to 1.4 & then the 20's start to out shine them. It seems like a lot more torque down low with the 20's.

Sorry,I lost you here..
You said Both using 109 and 1.6bar>>then you said I HEARD 18s do good up to 1.4 ?....Then do you mean you ran Both ONLY at 1.6 AND never ran Both only at 1.4?

Old 09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
What I meant is that 18's did not have the same violent pull that the 20's have.

I think you & I have heard that if you only use pump gas you will not get the full benefit from the 20's.

I rarely use pump so I cannot tell if that statement is true.

If you want to go all out then just get the alpha 3076's, but I'm not sure you will get the full potential from those with a non built motor(based on limited PSI & Torque).

Maybe Markski can chime in with his thoughts on a properly set up & tuned 20g car vs the same with Alpha 3076's.

Last edited by PAULIEWALNUTS; 09-05-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
What I meant is that 18's did not have the same violent pull that the 20's have.

I think you & I have heard that if you only use pump gas you will not get the full benefit from the 20's.

If you want to go all out then just get the alpha 3076's, but I'm not sure you will get the full potential from those with a non built motor(based on limited PSI & Torque).

Maybe Markski can chime in with his thoughts on a properly set up & tuned 20g car vs the same with Alpha 3076's.
Thanks for input..
Ok, so let me ask you this way..IF and have you ran your car on both set-ups with pump gas only,,do the 20s still have that more so violent pull over the 18s you had before?
I would not even consider the 3076s because I have a stock motor just with my current mods,so I could not take advantage of them fully,,plus I drive my car hard as it is and I am lucky it doesnt blow now. LOL...
IF,I ever went to that type of turbo it would be a 3071..
Thanks..

Old 09-05-2012, 05:28 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !

your are correct sir, where the 18s start die off up top the 20s pick up

Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I just did a bigger billet wheel( 20g type) but its a on a blow thru....runs awesome...

How much bigger?

Old 09-05-2012, 05:57 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I run billet 20s also and really like them on 100 octane, the car definitely pulls hard up top.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !

What fuel system are you running?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by LiNks
I run billet 20s also and really like them on 100 octane, the car definitely pulls hard up top.
Is it a blow thru system?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
nope, stock intake pipe into evo hose kit

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any One Running K24/20's WithOut Blow Thru?