996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Re-flash to EPL complete...whoa!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mrmaass
The car still has the original clutch and just went over 35000 miles. It is holding strong for now but I'm ready to upgrade when necessary. If I do go with a turbo upgrade that will definitely be the time I do the clutch also.
Previous owner tuned my car from new and car had the original clutch.

I think he was a hard driver all of the time and I am a moderate driver for most of the time and a hard one only for some of the time.

No traffic lights hard starts for me.

I had to change clutch (slipping) at 60k miles.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:52 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sql_pl
I have Gemballa flash, gemballa exhaust and evoms intake which should put me at somewhere around 500 hp and 700 nm (crank) in my K16 Turbo car and the X50 with basically same mods as my car is waaaay faster at higher speeds, not even that close anymore. 530 hp GTR (the first one with LEDs in front bumper) has no chance against it either.
Really,,Basically same mods on X-50 and K16 faster at high speed??

Old 09-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Really,,Basically same mods on X-50 and K16 faster at high speed??
I think he meant the other way round. Just the way he put it. I am guessing of course...

Old 09-24-2012, 03:59 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Terminator
I think he meant the other way round. Just the way he put it. I am guessing of course...
You might be right,thanks..I had to read it a few times,,,I am just slow..