996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

track brake setup on a budget

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 10:32 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flavorPacket
No they're not. They're a direct swap for the 996 GT3. The rotor has a 2mm different offset than a 996 turbo, so your rotor and pads will not be centered in the caliper
Correct. With the 6 pots, you need to shave 1 mm off the outer caliper guide rods. Other then that. Fits and drives perfect.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately PFCs still not here and in fact having a very hard time getting them ordered. GMP trying their best, but apparently the pads I need have to be shaved down to fit stock rotors?? So I will be I stalling some new Cool Carbons up front and one-time used in back for this weekend.

I was really looking forward to trying out the new pads/rotor setup but have ran out of time.

Anyone else have this problem when ordering PFCs? Maybe I need a 2nd best alternative that are easy to get- ideas please.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Unfortunately PFCs still not here and in fact having a very hard time getting them ordered. GMP trying their best, but apparently the pads I need have to be shaved down to fit stock rotors?? So I will be I stalling some new Cool Carbons up front and one-time used in back for this weekend.

I was really looking forward to trying out the new pads/rotor setup but have ran out of time.

Anyone else have this problem when ordering PFCs? Maybe I need a 2nd best alternative that are easy to get- ideas please.
I can overnight you my Endless set. Brand new bc I never got around to install them, they fit right in and not only do they have a better (firmer and more consistent) feel than Pagid (which Pcar owners overseas swear to) under pressure, they are a little less prone to wear out the rotors than PFCs metallic more aggressive compounds and they imo a better ramp in of initial bite to pressure and most important the release behavior is a little better, smoother so when you release brake pressure during transition into a turn they give better controllability. Just shoot me a PM if you need the set.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Etchhead

I can overnight you my Endless set. Brand new bc I never got around to install them, they fit right in and not only do they have a better (firmer and more consistent) feel than Pagid (which Pcar owners overseas swear to) under pressure, they are a little less prone to wear out the rotors than PFCs metallic more aggressive compounds and they imo a better ramp in of initial bite to pressure and most important the release behavior is a little better, smoother so when you release brake pressure during transition into a turn they give better controllability. Just shoot me a PM if you need the set.
Thanks MrW-
These fit the standard 4pots right? I will go with current setup one more time but need new pads for future events next year and getting other bits installed today including GT3 lowers so no need in the overnight.

PM your best price and let's make a deal on the full set.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Yep they are for std 4pot. Sending PM in a little bit.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
EH: Bummer

I'm running Pagid RS-19's, they are their endurance pads with Endless fluid.

I guess this would be the Euro hybrid combo

Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 AM
I ran the entire 24H of Barcelona w Pagid and had no problems and won 2nd in class. Just like the Endless pads better in terms of feel.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
eds966tt is on a distinguished road
Hi any help on this is appreciated.
I am using 6 pot upgrade from suncoast with cross drilled rotors. I believe they are from 997 turbo350mm see numbers from box below

Want to change front cross drilled to Solid due to crack issues on the track.

What are my options?

99735140601 passenger side and 99735140500 driver side

Last edited by eds966tt; 12-04-2012 at 07:34 PM.