996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Prototype GT2 Screens tested for Rennline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Vonschmidt has a spectacular aura aboutVonschmidt has a spectacular aura about
Prototype GT2 Screens tested for Rennline

The guys at Rennline shipped me a set of the prototype grill screens for my GT2 and we have installed them and are providing feedback.

Fit was very good and the silver color worked great with our car. The fit back after install is very tight and makes for a great seal. I was shocked at the amount of leaves and dead bodies the Guys at Performance Speed Tech dug out of the side radiators living proof of what these are needed.

Ran the car three times after screen install and have two nice big dents from rocks thrown from the track. If the screens had not been there to take this hit I can only imagine the fin damage to my radiators. So from a protection standpoint 100 points our of 100, the only down side at all may be the need from a cosmetic standpoint to replace after several years but this is far cheaper than the radiators themselves and frankly just cosmetic anyway.

Hope they get these out soon.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:58 PM
MC968CS has a spectacular aura aboutMC968CS has a spectacular aura about
Great, they are on my must do list ASAP. Black will however be my preference

Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 PM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
great.. i'm in for this too..

Old 11-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Finally!!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Can you post some pics that show more of your car, to get an idea of the over-all look?

Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Black would be sweet. Why such crap pics?

Old 11-02-2012, 11:57 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
In for black!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:53 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC968CS
Great, they are on my must do list ASAP. Black will however be my preference

powdercoated not sprayed.

They used to have some really cool octagons at customcargrilles.

But they sold out

Old 11-03-2012, 04:06 AM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in for a set of black too.
Thanks

Old 11-03-2012, 08:17 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
I am very interested in a set of these in black. I need to see a better picture of the car though.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
perfect timing, was looking at getting this done.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
black

Old 11-03-2012, 11:04 AM
I think Rennline is planing on doing them in black for production. these were just for a test fit. They made a couple of modifications so we will get the new set on as soon as they arrive and re shoot with better lighting and full car shots. Again for me just a no brainier. I have seen others but none are as well built as these were.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:47 AM
schwarz is on a distinguished road
It looks like you had to drill holes for them? I might be interested for a set in black.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by schwarz
It looks like you had to drill holes for them? I might be interested for a set in black.
No they provided screws that went in through the tabs and into the area around the air holes. I talked to Rennlien and passed on the comments about the black, would look cool maintaining the black hole look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Prototype GT2 Screens tested for Rennline