996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kline Exhausts - Any thoughts ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
the system with cats is far more subtle. when you bolt the decats in, the system becomes a far more aggressive sound. our trademark high pitched howl at high revs is accentuated far more. but the system is still relatively quiet at low revs.

power and torque curves improve significantly with the decat. the beauty is, the decats can be supplied separately, and can bolt the cats in or out to suit tastes.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM
bl1ng has a spectacular aura aboutbl1ng has a spectacular aura about
Hi Felix,

I am very impressed by your obsession on customer satisfaction as demonstrated here and on other threads.

As previously mentioned, I am interested a system for my 996 Turbo but a little perplexed by the options eg 100 cell/200 cell and quiet/loud etc.

Obviously I don't want to make a mistake.

Where can I listen to your exhausts in order to initially determine if the Quiet or Loud is right for me ?

Thanks,
Spyro

Old 07-12-2013, 09:39 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Thanks,, does drone increase in the 2,000 to 3,000 range with catless on the standard system?

Old 07-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
Thank you Spyro for the kind words. I replied to your PM.

The regular cat systems in 100 and 200 cell, there is next to no cabin noise in the cruising regions.

With the free flow decat system, there is a little cruising noise around 2500 rpm when under load, like going up a hill etc, but its kept to a minimum by the design of the system. Everyone who has bought a decat system has been very impressed with how quiet it is at cruising speeds considering its a decat, and the power gains. at full throttle, its pretty raucous, but very beautiful sounding.

we will next week, release a 997 gen 2 video, of the full decat race system with some nice soundclips. stay tuned !

Old 07-15-2013, 06:56 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Felix_Kline
Thank you Spyro for the kind words. I replied to your PM.

The regular cat systems in 100 and 200 cell, there is next to no cabin noise in the cruising regions.

With the free flow decat system, there is a little cruising noise around 2500 rpm when under load, like going up a hill etc, but its kept to a minimum by the design of the system. Everyone who has bought a decat system has been very impressed with how quiet it is at cruising speeds considering its a decat, and the power gains. at full throttle, its pretty raucous, but very beautiful sounding.

we will next week, release a 997 gen 2 video, of the full decat race system with some nice soundclips. stay tuned !
Thanks again for your replies/answers..
I would imagine 100 cell cats would be the best of both worlds.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice systems. If anyone has any questions I have done several locally.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi Sambo,

I guess the usual questions :

1) Which exhausts have you fitted to 996 Turbos ?
2) How easy are they to fit eg any mods required to heat shields etc ? I noted that Engine Guy had some installation challenges with a Protomotive system on another thread.
3) What does the Kline sound like with 100 cell Vs 200 cell Cats ?
4) Perceived quality of the system ?
5) Any drone or cabin resonance between 2k and 3k revs on the 100 cell Vs 200 cell ?
6) Any perceived differences in performance between 100 cell and 200 cell ?
7) Any CEL issues with either ?
8) Although it is subjective, how would you describe the sound of the Kline compared to say Speedtech, Milltek, Tubi etc ?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi,

1) Pretty much 90% over the last 13-14 years
2) Fits easily like most. it's a production system
3) I like the 100 for sporier guys. There is a diff on most all systems US and Euro. If you want it quieter you should do it. many have proven a 2-5 hp doff only. Therefore i like to use it as a sound "tool". For the most power you need catless but it has it's downsides.
4) great welds and quality, As well as service I must say (As I get with many vendors here)
5) Drone is minimal. Some say none. Slightly higher with a 100 cel no matter how you slice it.
6) Hopefully I answered that
7) No CEL issues
8) Hmmm, sound is subjective. All of the above are nice systems. Well thought out. it takes a few conversations with someone who has experienced them and takes the time to go over it to find the right one. I usually hit it pretty good.

Hope that helps, feel free to contact me.
Cheers

Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Question

I have heard the Speedtech and the Tubi.

The Tubi was not to my liking. I found the sound all over the place whereas the Speedtech definitely had a nice, deep burble at idle with a tight, sporty sound on acceleration.

I believe the Milltek is also meant to sound goo but I have not heard it.

Is the Kline a X-Flow system like the Speedtech ?
I was wondering how the Kline compared to the Speedtech ?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor
Check out our latest product
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3902059

Last edited by Felix_Kline; 07-26-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Felix_Kline
That X-merge looks very nice ,as does the system..
So, Is that one big muffler for each side a quieter set-up then the 2 separate ones of each side?....If so, that probably would help living with a cat delete and let you have the power advantage?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 AM
rob001 is on a distinguished road
Hi Felix,

Reading with great intrest this thread. I live in the Netherlands, how to order?

Old 08-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Jsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of lightJsun is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm interesting..

Old 08-15-2013, 11:15 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bl1ng
I have heard the Speedtech and the Tubi.

The Tubi was not to my liking. I found the sound all over the place whereas the Speedtech definitely had a nice, deep burble at idle with a tight, sporty sound on acceleration.

I believe the Milltek is also meant to sound goo but I have not heard it.

Is the Kline a X-Flow system like the Speedtech ?
I was wondering how the Kline compared to the Speedtech ?
Unsure of the Kline but I own and sell a lot of SpeedTech systems and I can tell you the 3.0 cat-less X-flow is GLORIOUS. I constantly get positive comments about exhaust sound when driving.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Former Vendor
Just before finishing the part

Special tailored for our customer in Sweden. Part is for 996 GT3.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	996gt3.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	275760   Click image for larger version

Name:	996gt33.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	275761   Click image for larger version

Name:	996gt333.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	275762  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kline Exhausts - Any thoughts ?