996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

i took it out !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 05:43 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
i took it out !!!

that would be the car. nice chill in the air this afternoon , the p car has not been outa the gararge for about two months and i had forgotten , it's fairly fast !!!!! loved to hear the blow offs and it's way faster than my 4 cyc. hhr chev panel which i drive daily. guess i'm back in love with the car again even started thinking about more mods here we go again

Old 01-31-2013, 06:22 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by steve harris
it's fairly fast !!!!!
hmmmmmmmm.................... flat out!!

Last edited by 911Konigin; 01-31-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I guess this is one 'benefit' of having a fast car you cannot drive year round...is that the love affair can begin all over again with just one nice drive!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
I took mine out yesterday for a blast as well to clean out the cob webs. Taking advantage of this warm front in the northeast, but mostly was able to take it out because the recent rain cleaned the roads of salt.

Battery was dead and the clutch felt a bit strange when the car was cold, but after a nice ride the car felt perfectly normal again.

Cant wait to get all my goodies installed and have the car ready for the spring!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Hams996TT will become famous soon enoughHams996TT will become famous soon enough
I don't know how you guys can stand it to be honest.... We have fair weather year round for P-car fun down here in Texas. My busy life prevents me from driving my car where I can enjoy it once every 2-3 weeks; and it drives me nuts!!!! - I couldn't imagine having to wait months to enjoy my car...

Hat's off to you sir. - And please!!! Go enjoy your car!!

- Chris.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
I envy you Steve. After digging for hours I just found the bimmer and now I am looking for the TT ;-) Don't worry it is inside the garage waiting for spring !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2013-02-01 à 16.38.23.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	206801  
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Holy snow jpflip and I thought we got a lot last week when I went to Northern Michigan for a snowmobile trip.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hams996TT
I don't know how you guys can stand it to be honest.... We have fair weather year round for P-car fun down here in Texas. My busy life prevents me from driving my car where I can enjoy it once every 2-3 weeks; and it drives me nuts!!!! - I couldn't imagine having to wait months to enjoy my car...

Hat's off to you sir. - And please!!! Go enjoy your car!!

- Chris.
Its like Steve T. says... makes you appreciate it all that much more when the weather gets really nice out. As much as the dead of winter can be long and harsh at times... it is nice to have a change in seasons.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Holy snow jpflip and I thought we got a lot last week when I went to Northern Michigan for a snowmobile trip.
So far we had more snow in one month than last complete year!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
the weather has been great here, played shirt sleeve golf this afternoon. gonna be 66 sat and 70 sunday , does it get any better than that?? ply golf fri, sat and sunday thats why the p car stays home

Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I am craving a blast in my TT too.... Its been in the garage for over a month now, to much work not enough free time to play!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:47 AM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I took mine out yesterday for a blast as well to clean out the cob webs. Taking advantage of this warm front in the northeast, but mostly was able to take it out because the recent rain cleaned the roads of salt.

Battery was dead and the clutch felt a bit strange when the car was cold, but after a nice ride the car felt perfectly normal again.

Cant wait to get all my goodies installed and have the car ready for the spring!
Im in MA, and did the same thing yesterday and today. The main roads are very clean. Matter of fact the had the street sweepers out and about in my town yesterday (must of known us sports car guys were itching to drive there cars) I think it may snow tonight or tomorrow so in she goes again.

On a lighter note i am installing my ebwerks carbon fender aero trims as we speak....

Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
Im in MA, and did the same thing yesterday and today. The main roads are very clean. Matter of fact the had the street sweepers out and about in my town yesterday (must of known us sports car guys were itching to drive there cars) I think it may snow tonight or tomorrow so in she goes again.

On a lighter note i am installing my ebwerks carbon fender aero trims as we speak....
Nice man! What town are you in? I live in Portsmouth and commute to Lexington MA a few times a week (not in the 996). Post pics of your new project!

Old 02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
I was gonna take mine out...

But I had ABS, PSM, Battery and Generator warnings three weeks ago, (!!!) and creeped back home and parked it.

New alternator maybe today or tomorrow. Or next week.

A

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.