996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Speedtech exhaust and umw tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
Speedtech exhaust and umw tune

I'm thinking about getting the 2.5 quiet excellerator speedtech exhaust.

Later on I'm planning a UMW tune.

Has anyone else done this combo and if so are they happy with it?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
PM gnewhouse
He is local. Has the 2.5" and tune.

I have the UMW tune. I recommend it if you don't plan on going more then k16's or if you do go bigger turbos, you stick to umw' turbos.

Other then that, you are going to pay twice.

Like I said, you have gnewhouse whom is local to you, spend time and go meet up with him. He has those two items you are seeking.
Other then that you are wasting your time with none sense.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:57 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
Thanks for the quick reply F1. Tune is the only performance upgrade I'm planning on. Will contact him.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aggk
I'm thinking about getting the 2.5 quiet excellerator speedtech exhaust.

Later on I'm planning a UMW tune.

Has anyone else done this combo and if so are they happy with it?
Fantastic choice - nice tune and a fantastic performing and sounding exhaust! Read our testimonials to see what the majority of 6speeders have to say about our systems! IMHO, our 2.5 is best choice you could make...it sounds phenomenal and transforms the car. Several users including Mike K and Gearhead went through 5 systems before finding the keeper - which was our 2.5! You ought to speak to them, too...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
As an alternate to seriously consider, we offer an EPL tune with our SpeedTech exhaust, which is bundle priced to save money, if you purchase both items from us at the same time.

We have worked closely with EPL for several years now and our SpeedTech exhaust has been used on many of the tunes that EPL has developed - the products work perfectly together and EPl produces one great tune. PM me for the bundle pricing, if interested...either way, it's great choice.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
I have had the UWM tune, EPL and Softronic. Softronic or EPL for the win.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Good choice

I have the UMW tune and speed tech exhaust. Amazing power gain and sound. You will love them. But plan on a new clutch soon. The power you will gain is to much for the standard clutch.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
EPL and Speedtech = win
Also as F1 states upgrading turbos or other you need to work with a tuner who helps with that process.

5th and last exhaust for me!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Several users including Mike K and Gearhead went through 5 systems before finding the keeper - which was our 2.5! You ought to speak to them, too...
Add Etchhead to the list! :-)

2022 Cayenne White
Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Running a Speedtech 2.5 here with a GIAC tune, and love the sound and power. The 2.5 is civilized but has a great sound without any drone. I almost went with a 3.0 but needed to keep it where I felt I could enjoy the sound without it becoming obnoxious to my co-pilot.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 PM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
I have the 2.5 and UMW - works great and very happy with it!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
Take it from me, 5 different exhausts and the 2.5 xflow with 100 cell cats is the BEST by far that I've had.
You get awesome sound , great turbo whistle and superior customer support.
John is the man!!!
I have an epl stage 2 flash, they again great to deal with and makes a huge power difference plus if you grow they can hook you up with just about anything.
Do a search you will not find any complaints about these vendors.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
This is great to know as I will be going with the bundle (2.5 + EPL) this spring... cant wait!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Danyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant future
I run UMW tune and 2.5 exhaust on my X50, sweet combo and great service from both Kevin and John.

Last edited by Danyol; 02-10-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 AM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
I just recently flashed a UMW tune into my Gt2's ECU. Kevin really clearly has a passion for his craft, and knows what hes doing. Hes made sure my car is running a safe tune, and is constantly communicating with me whenever I have questions, or would like him to look at data logs. He seems like a no BS guy and will give you strait facts. +1 for UMW

Boost comes on earlier and pulls for longer/harder. Completely satisfied... The only problem is my all seasons can't hold pavement at 1.1bar! Can't wait to get the summers on!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speedtech exhaust and umw tune