996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Updated inlet or y pipe system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SSMugen
Have you seen a car w/ the inlet pipes on them? You can clearly see the plenum when you look next to the fuel filter ... If you are concerned with the dealership seeing the pipes you might want to go with the pipes that attach to the stock restrictive plenum.
Short intake pipes would be seen easily by the dealer.
My car was tuned by Todd at Protomotive and makes very good power and better throttle response with the 'Restrictive' plenum over any fender well intake system near my HP level I have been in....It all depends at the mod/HP level that you are at to fully use that system..
I have over 40,000 miles on my original MAF and go to 7400 RPM..
To each his own, its all good..

Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Here is my reason why:

I tried them and from my direct experience, the alternate MAF's change the driving characteristics/behavior of the fuel delivery and smoothness of the car.
probably the confusion here is that a MAFless tune has no MAF that could behave differently. There is no MAF at all. Your experience might be that from a blow thru system?

Regards,
Andreas

Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SSMugen
Have you seen a car w/ the inlet pipes on them? You can clearly see the plenum when you look next to the fuel filter ... If you are concerned with the dealership seeing the pipes you might want to go with the pipes that attach to the stock restrictive plenum.
Sorry,I thought you were talking about a blow through set-up..

Old 02-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT996
Hi,

probably the confusion here is that a MAFless tune has no MAF that could behave differently. There is no MAF at all. Your experience might be that from a blow thru system?

Regards,
Andreas
Yes. Also what I thought was being commented on...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
How is that possible to run 147mph on any type of 18g's or new billets!!!! That over 900bhp, the 18g's can't flow that, unless the car is making 750bhp and weighs under 2500lbs.

Is there a thread I can read up on this persons car. If he is running that MPH out of those turbos, there is a lot I can learn off his build!

Please forward me more info on his car!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Here ya go Bobby:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-146-65-a.html

E85 car with lots of boost and eventually bent rods. All with that horrible bottleneck y-pipe in place

Old 02-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by earl3
Here ya go Bobby:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-146-65-a.html

E85 car with lots of boost and eventually bent rods. All with that horrible bottleneck y-pipe in place
And stock plenum and stock throttle body..

Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I think Chris did a back to back and the inlet pies made 30 whp... if Im not mistaken he made a post about it... but again , each set u is different... I know that Todd at proto did a back to back on 18gs and it made 35 whp more at 1.35 bar...
I had a set of them in 2002 form FVD... I honestly think that its the most overlooked upgrade to date... but thats just me...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I think Chris did a back to back and the inlet pies made 30 whp... if Im not mistaken he made a post about it... but again , each set u is different... I know that Todd at proto did a back to back on 18gs and it made 35 whp more at 1.35 bar...
I had a set of them in 2002 form FVD... I honestly think that its the most overlooked upgrade to date... but thats just me...
I agree, confirmed similar gains when I installed mine.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 AM
On my set-up it did show hardly any improvement But I had a 200 cell Cargraphic exhaust on it then which I found out later to be restrictive for my 18gs pump gas set up.
It's all in the combo of mods, results may very.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:00 AM
samugtmadrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GT996
Hi,

Regards,
Andreas

I read the post and can not find the solution to my problem :-( I read that I can put a maf ford and all sorted but not that model ford is, and that goes well with maf ford? is designed to provide more air ?

Old 08-12-2016, 06:13 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
You couldn't pay be to go back to a MAF setup. With ditching the OEM intake tract completely, my car woke up like no other mod Ive done to date.
The way my car runs, I would go out on a limb and say I have the fastest stock turbo 996 out there today.
Mind you, I have no real data on that(1/4 mile runs or dyno) but I'm happy for anyone to attempt to prove me otherwise.