996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Front splitter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 02:59 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Enrique from Ebworks has a whole thread on his experience with the splitter he designed.

Yes, more even wear on the front tires and a very noticeable difference at high speeds. I ran mine before switching to an OEM GT2 front conversion with proper ducting.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:27 PM
joe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to behold
Front aero

Interesting. How would you compare the three front end choices and how dramatic or marginal was the migration from Stock to Ebworks Splitter to Full and Proper GT2? Do you have any track experience/data that suggests these are good value upgrades? I think the full GT2 front end is big $$, no?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:57 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
The splitter helped my car drastically in the fast corners at the track. The front end has much better response for change in direction and it is also has more grip.

The interesting thing about aero is, you need to believe in this "artificial" grip as i like to call it. When i first drove the car at the back roads it felt "odd" the front felt much more "pushed down" ...you feel it because of the more rapid turn in, but you need to " trust " the aero and push harder and it will allow you to go through it faster. Its a mind trick. Once you get use to it, it will give you confidence.

Their are 3 particular corners that where very noticeable to me at Thunderhill raceway.

the most was noticeable improvement for me was Turn 1, 8 9.

http://thunderhill.com/images/librar...y_Park.svg.png

turn 1, I use to approach this turn at about 88mph - 91 mph. At 91mph i would be fighting the front end to turn in and grip.

with the front splitter, I can now take that turn at about 97mph with extreme confidence, and I can jump on the throttle much better and come out at 109 mph.

Turn 8 is a tricky turn.
a lot of cross winds, that push the car away from the apex. Our cars are very light up front, again front grip.

This turn I would approach at about 93mph, that is after tapping on the brakes to load the front end to make sure the front is loaded going into the apex, and then get hard on the throttle to use every inch of the off the "main line" and jump back on track...

After the splitter, no more need to jab on the brakes, i'm on the throttle before the apex, i still use every inch of the track .. I enter this turn at about 99-100 mph now.

The last and the worse turn for me was turn 9. this is where i noticed the most difference to me. Disclosure, i hate turn 9 with a passion, its a quick left hand over crest that if you get wrong, it leads you off the track...I'm scared of this turn in particular because of slow steering response we get when we go over the crest and it does not inspire confidence to me. That said, i use to take this turn about 73mph on a good day, normally around 67.

Now I'm taking this turn at about 81 mph with tons of confidence because i can feel that front end gripping as i come over the crest.

Take a look at this video starting close to turn 5 (Start the video at the 3 minute mark. ) and walk you through half a lap... that said... i don't have any more production splitters. Only prototypes.... i only produce very few of my items... I tried getting them made by partnering with APR but their Cf is not read CF and their CS is not what i would want at the wholesale level to support my customers.

As for the GT2, i have drive a gt2...yea very different.. i would say the aero up front is not as noticeable ( at least to me) in a gt2. The rear is At least when i had one sideways at 150mph +!

Take a close look at my hands so you can see how easy i'm with the steering wheel with confidence with the front end!!

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 06-26-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:08 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
This is my attempt in doing some body work to make the splitter and air dam work seamless... First time ever doing something like this, and yes i suck.... maybe someone can make me a really nice piece ? PM me with your price.

Attached Images