996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Part Numbers Porsche 997 Gt3 Pistons and brake discs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 10:48 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I'm no engineer but, what is the shear strength of an OEM Porsche caliper bolt under your angulation of change? Looks about a 15 degree variance. Not that I would want to ever test this during a track situation but, just curious.

Pwdrhound is correct on the track statement. Are you just trying to avoid liability?

I also looked at your same kit. The overhang of brake pad concerned me.

"Vote number 1" on hearing a reply.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
RacingBrake is on a distinguished road
Old 03-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor
We were inquired by those who are interested in the kit but showing some concern of the front pad overhang which is inevitable due to the geometric change (from 350 to 380mm)

As this kit gets more popular, we take a step further to re-design the OE pad with the following improvement:

1. Pad will fit like OE w/o overhang.
2. The lining (friction) height is increased to 70mm (vs. 64mm)
2. The pad thickness is increased to 19mm* (vs. 16mm)

With this modified pad, this 380mm rotor kit can do a lot of things for you including 380x34mm CCM rotors upgrade that we can offer if there are interest, and re-new your old pccb's 350mm rotor & pad which were deemed in-adequate in today's standard.

Don't forget to rebuild your calipers with RB rebuilding components to turbo charge your brake system.

*19mm pad is verified will fit under OE calipers with 34mm rotor.

With taller (70 vs. 64mm) and thicker (19 vs. 16mm) lining, it increases about 35% in friction volume over original which is especially advantageous for track racing and CCM application. The steel backing plate is increased to 6mm from OE's 5mm for better strength.

This modified pad will be included in the kit with an ETA of 4-6 weeks with street XT and track XR compounds available. Customers purchased the kit before are also eligible for purchasing this pad at discount.

Another innovative brake upgrade package proudly presented by RB.

We make "more" better brakes.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor
It's not a rebuild kit, rather it's a retrofit kit, meaning you can retain the stock 6/4 calipers (or purchase them separately if you don't have them) and purchase RB rotors and our professionally designed adaptors, you will have an an instant 380mm (both front and rear) rotor kits like the latest 991 GT3 at fraction of the cost.

We now offer the "retrofit" pad with 19mm thick for customers who are not handy to remove the pad overhang, or some expert to use that as an issue and make a false statement against this RB kit.

These calipers have open top which is more preferred by track racers, so with this RB retrofit kit (and 19mm pads), we can expect it to outperform the newest 991 GT3 set up (especially for easy pad change) yet at fraction of the cost.

Developing this kit is not for anyone, this is how was emphasized by the same expert over and over that's not possible.

We made it possible since two years ago and you can rest be assured that it's developed by a professional brake company with 30 years in brake business, the owner is a degree Mechanical Engineer specialized in Thermodynamics and Metallurgy.

The integrity and soundness of the design is fully assured with our reputation in motorsports industry. Check rennlist, Corvette and GTR forums and learn from trust worthy users.

I think it's a better idea to deal with a company with an address and contact that you can check and hold responsible than someone with only a screen name but talk like an expert w/o a ground or even seeing the kit. One who uses this type of ir-responsible statement to intimidate other users should be discredited and rid of from the community.

Warren-RB

Old 03-09-2016, 10:05 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
It's obvious Racing Brake can't get over the fact that I've pointed out the deficiencies of their 380 upsize kit and has to constantly keep bringing it up and taking shots at me with their "expert" references. It truly doesn't take an "expert" to understand the shortcomings of this particular set up. For anyone wishing to consider the 380 upsize kit using the 350 calipers with the angled spacer, please do yourself a favor and contact reputable brake suppliers like Girodisc, Essex (AP racing), or Brembo to get their professional opinion on the suitability and safety of this particular set up. I do business with these companies all of whom are unequivocally "the experts" in the field of brakes. Don't take my word for it, I only stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Gents, take a second to read this thread (particularly post #13) and make up your own mind. Here you have Racing Brake knocking the technical prowess and design of AP racing brake rotors. It's laughable...

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-a...g-j-hooks.html

As you say Warren, it's comforting to know the owner of Racing Brake has "a degree Mechanical Engineer specialized in Thermodynamics and Metallurgy". I guess the link below must point to another example of superior RB technology prowess. It's lucky the guy didn't total his car or kill himself as a result of his Racing Brake upgrade failure :

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...ure-track.html

Here is another post (post #10) from a former PFC employee. PFC is the brake supplier for Porsche Motorsport.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...g-j-hooks.html

Btw, what elite level Motorsport segments or racing series do you supply your brakes for Warren? I would love to hear the answer to that one. And no, I'm not talking about a guy that DEs his corvette Z06 or GTR.

Here is another Racing brake rotor failure data point:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...e-track-NORMAL

And another... this one is :

And you guessed it, yet another titled: Racing Brake big brake kit: almost fatal failure...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42431

Again, best of luck with your 380 upgrade kit Warren. Hope you didn't use the same engineer on the 380 upgrade hat came up with the RB upgrade on the Caddy-CTS above.

Peace, I'm out....

Last edited by pwdrhound; 03-16-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:38 AM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
PCCB(Yellow) or Cup(Red) have different Offsets?

Old 06-05-2016, 10:48 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by b4stiTTS
PCCB(Yellow) or Cup(Red) have different Offsets?
Calipers have same offset, rotors are different

Old 06-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Thx John, then I found my set and just have to repaint them

Old 06-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Thx John, then I found my set and just have to repaint them
Very nice! The Cup calipers are identical to the GT3 PCCB calipers except they are red and don't come with dust seals. Porsche Motorsport had a titanium piston upgrade available for the Cup calipers but it was a pricey deal so I doubt many are out there.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:04 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
I would think that if someone wanted to go with the 380mm setup they would swap over the complete 997 hubs/spindles. But I think that takes some extra machining on the rears.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:24 PM
John, you maybe know if the 997.2 TTS PCCB brake pots for the brake rotors are also available separately? Just considering some other options for the brake rotors

Old 06-07-2016, 09:35 PM
993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !
brake hats^? only full rotors/discs available from Porsche

Old 06-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by 993GT
brake hats^? only full rotors/discs available from Porsche

Yes Looks like it is like that, not sold separately.
Easiest way will be to get them just directly with some Girodisc Rotors

Old 06-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Yes Looks like it is like that, not sold separately.
Easiest way will be to get them just directly with some Girodisc Rotors
I have tons of rotors for these cars. Giro and AP racing. Shipping to Germany would be killer though.. Don't track PCCBs (Porsche Cars n Coffee Brakes), get a good set of steels..

Old 06-08-2016, 10:16 AM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
I have tons of rotors for these cars. Giro and AP racing. Shipping to Germany would be killer though.. Don't track PCCBs (Porsche Cars n Coffee Brakes), get a good set of steels..
Bahaha I'm laughing do hard at this.
Pwdrhound you don't by chance have any 997 tt or 996 pccb front calipers around do you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Part Numbers Porsche 997 Gt3 Pistons and brake discs