996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Daedalus 996TT Build Thread - RUF/ADV.1/Rottec/AP

Old 09-26-2013, 09:58 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
The stock bumper with aero lip actually sits lower then the RUF bumper. I thought I was going to have a problem scraping when I switched but actually now I never scrape anywhere, no more angles or worries.
+1, what he said. My car is 1/2" below GT2 height and I haven't scraped the bumper in over 15k miles of driving.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:59 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Yet another snag... everything but the seat install (what I assumed would be the easiest part of the install) is done. Apparently one of the Rottec rails is defective and broken out of the box.

Rottec hasn't responded to emails and when I called their VM says they are closed until October 4th. Anyone have one they are willing to part with?

I'm assuming any of their seat rails would work. Used would be fine as well so long as it's in good working order.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by daedalus
Yet another snag... everything but the seat install (what I assumed would be the easiest part of the install) is done. Apparently one of the Rottec rails is defective and broken out of the box.

Rottec hasn't responded to emails and when I called their VM says they are closed until October 4th. Anyone have one they are willing to part with?

I'm assuming any of their seat rails would work. Used would be fine as well so long as it's in good working order.
Just me but I would stay clear of any of these Chinese knock off replica seats and sliders for obvious safety reasons. There have been numerous reports of these seats failing if you do a search. Not worth taking the gamble IMHO... For about $3k you can get the real deal used Porsche GT3 seats and sleep soundly at night...

Old 09-27-2013, 12:20 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Yea they weren't going to stay in for long as i've read those same threads but I had them and wanted something in there for the time being until I track down a good set of used GT3's.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Yea they weren't going to stay in for long as i've read those same threads but I had them and wanted something in there for the time being until I track down a good set of used GT3's.
Recently there was a set on Rennlist of excellent condition GT3 seats for $3k. I think they sold already though but you may wanna check.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:40 PM
^^^ Thanks!

Old 09-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Kendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to behold

Im not sure if this can help but check with the guys at Planted,http://www.425motorsports.com/planted-seat-bracket.html
They may be able to help.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Sooo... i'm out of town but I got these photos from the dealer. Rather than wait 9 months for Rottec to respond to a phone call or email I told them to swap the driver side in and keep the stock passenger seat until I can get a new seat rail.

Planning to pick it up on Monday.

Attached Images      
Old 10-04-2013, 02:43 PM
996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all996turbo4365 is a name known to all
Rottec is located in Vancouver, let me know if you need my help as they are not too far from me.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Week 5 - Car Back!

Soo Rottec did finally get back from their vacation and to their credit did ship out a new seat rail for me. I was getting fed up so I just had them install 1 seat for the time being so I could get the car back. The remaining days before the snow are dwindling so I want all the possible drive time I can get!

Paint job is actually spectacular. I'm glad I waited to have the guy that sprayed the car do it. He even blended the bumper left to right to match the slight change in color from one side of the car to the other. The bumper fitment is awesome and really transforms the car.

I'm still trying to figure out if I like the painted side skirts or not (but I had to replace them with new ones as my originals were cracked). But with the bumper I think the lower hang of the RUF bumper ties in visually better with the painted skirts it just really makes your wheels looks small. Luckily I have a solution for that.

I actually really like the seat fitment (obviously authentic GT3's still need to be sourced) but it does really transform the driving experience. Makes you feel like you're in a race car. But i think i'm going to remove the belt from routing through the seat... it just doesn't work that well (unless there is a safety implication of not?)

The Numeric is awesome in combination with the new tranny mount. A lot less effort to shift and feels much more precise. No more trying to find 3rd. The rottec carbon console is awesome and transforms the interior. New handbrake looks sweet but is still too tight and rubbing so i'm hoping we can adjust something to avoid it tearing like my old one.

Anyway here are a few quick shots sans wheels before I wash it and get it cleaned up.

Now the only thing is do I buy tires now and put on the wheels before winter or wait till spring... hrmmmmmmmm.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
looks awesome !

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
I favor the painted side skirts with the RUF front end conversion. They also accentuate larger rear wheels when painted in my opinion. I really love the way all your mods came together.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by 911-AL
I favor the painted side skirts with the RUF front end conversion. They also accentuate larger rear wheels when painted in my opinion. I really love the way all your mods came together.
Thanks Al! Your car is my inspiration!

I agree with you - with larger rear wheels I think the skirts will look perfect and be in balance.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Love it!! great work

Old 10-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Week 5 - Car Back!
I'm still trying to figure out if I like the painted side skirts or not (but I had to replace them with new ones as my originals were cracked). But with the bumper I think the lower hang of the RUF bumper ties in visually better with the painted skirts it just really makes your wheels looks small. Luckily I have a solution for that.
I think it's not the bumper but rather the OEM factory tire sizes at 25" tall that make the 18" wheels look small relative to the bumper / side skirts.

My car has the same bumper / side skirts. It is on 18s in the following pictures and the wheels don't look small in my opinion. Wheels are 18x9 and 18x12. I am running larger tires which handle much better and as a byproduct fill out the wheel wells much more. I have 19s also which I hardly ever put on the car but do not quite have the performance of the 18s.

Your car turned out great by the way!

Attached Images     

Last edited by pwdrhound; 10-08-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daedalus 996TT Build Thread - RUF/ADV.1/Rottec/AP