996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

To many rattles to count!! (Help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
To many rattles to count!! (Help)

My 01 TT with aftermarket exhaust, 19" rims and PSS9's has developed so many internal rattles that I can't even tell where some are coming from, I can't always drive with the radio loud, so the time has come to try to fix some of these, has anyone here experienced similar issues?

Old 08-22-2005, 02:49 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Did have some rattles in both doors that was the speaker housings or something in the door panel. Dealer fixed it by putting in some sound mat and tightening screws inside door panel.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
my sunroof rattles when its open, but thats it. A little buzzing from the speakers when they're on.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:47 PM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Try letting some air out of the tires.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Ruiner is on a distinguished road
Re: To many rattles to count!! (Help)

Originally posted by Rave TT
My 01 TT with aftermarket exhaust, 19" rims and PSS9's has developed so many internal rattles that I can't even tell where some are coming from, I can't always drive with the radio loud, so the time has come to try to fix some of these, has anyone here experienced similar issues?
What exhuast do you have? My exhaust produces small rattles at lower RPMs. It has also caused my right front dash speaker to rattle at times. You get used to it.

Old 08-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Do you have carbon. Seemed like my 03 with carbon dash pieces creaked or rattled a little more than my others. I had dealer drive and fix for me though.

Old 08-22-2005, 08:01 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Rave pal - it is from our wonderful NY roads- all my porsche have become rattle boxes

Old 08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by dj
Rave pal - it is from our wonderful NY roads- all my porsche have become rattle boxes
Ever try to fix the rattles?

Old 08-22-2005, 08:37 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I have tried so many times but more just occur - it sux man - I dont drive the Turbo in NYC anymore lately - i cant stand the roads

Old 08-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Happy Now?
Originally posted by dj
I have tried so many times but more just occur - it sux man - I dont drive the Turbo in NYC anymore lately - i cant stand the roads
I hope the guy's at RPM can help or should I use a stereo guy or maybe even a body shop, I wonder which would do the best job in finding the rattles, fixing them and even add some noise reduction stuff.

Old 08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
arling taught me one thing about my porsche... if you fix one rattle, another will come up.

very true, i had my car back in the dealer for 4 days. they fixed all the rattles and did an awesome job. now 2 months later, i think 3 have pop up!!

Old 08-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Happy Now?
Originally posted by trovan
arling taught me one thing about my porsche... if you fix one rattle, another will come up.

very true, i had my car back in the dealer for 4 days. they fixed all the rattles and did an awesome job. now 2 months later, i think 3 have pop up!!
So where is this "Porsche Quality" I keep hearing about?

Old 08-22-2005, 09:28 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Lose the 19s

Old 08-23-2005, 05:23 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Ron, your car has been apart for interior bits and etc. yes? I'm sure adding all those bits aftermarket even if they are OEM will lead to many more rattles & squeaks than normal. If you want to go after I'd use a good body shop that is used to pulling out interior items and start with the internal cabin stuff. That and like the others said, the NYC roads and 19's don't help and you will be fighting a losing battle.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:52 AM
GENERAL LEE is on a distinguished road
I had to take mine in for a rattle last week. It turned out to be the passenger rear view mirror. I screw had come loose. I also had the passenger speaker tightened. Seems to be nice and tight again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To many rattles to count!! (Help)