996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which aftermarket 996 GT2 front bumper to get??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 11:21 PM
996Tripp is on a distinguished road
Techart!

Old 05-19-2014, 04:13 PM
cartersfly is on a distinguished road
Duraflex is trash Theres tons more body work and it had cracks already from being shipped after you buy it your stuck No refunds Just absolute Junk The owner cussed me out for complaining about his junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cartersfly
Duraflex is trash Theres tons more body work and it had cracks already from being shipped after you buy it your stuck No refunds Just absolute Junk The owner cussed me out for complaining about his junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is a data point for you sinKing...

Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Maybe everyone post pics of your setup and let someone decide on their own.

Here's my Precision Porsche Bumper. I installed it myself and that took about 2hrs. I was professionally prepped/painted the OEM black before I installed. Gaps are perfect, all the OEM aero and venting underneath is perfect. Once it was installed I had the whole car wrapped like you see now.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	qzpd.jpg
Views:	4715
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	376445  
Old 05-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Steve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to beholdSteve B. is a splendid one to behold
Wow... good for you HIX. Nice car! And that's awesome to hear about PP. Lesson learned... data points ... Wicked Motorsports makes wicked crappy GT2 bumpers for the 996TT.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:19 AM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HIX

Here's my Precision Porsche Bumper. I installed it myself and that took about 2hrs. I was professionally prepped/painted the OEM black before I installed. Gaps are perfect, all the OEM aero and venting underneath is perfect. Once it was installed I had the whole car wrapped like you see now.

I was also thinking about the Precision bumper. Can you tell me if that lip is flexible like the 996tt one otherwise I WILL bust it off. Also is the diffuser by the hood a separate piece or not? Thanks Mike

Old 05-20-2014, 03:36 PM
z06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond reputez06801 has a reputation beyond repute
I had bought a duraflex bumper cover for the race car for temporary use while was waiting for my ACP part to come, What a piece of crap! Wasn't to concerned with appearance but it fit so bad that when I was though with it I didn't bother even to try to sell it. I just cut it up and threw it in the can

Old 05-20-2014, 03:46 PM
turboGarrett is a splendid one to beholdturboGarrett is a splendid one to beholdturboGarrett is a splendid one to beholdturboGarrett is a splendid one to beholdturboGarrett is a splendid one to beholdturboGarrett is a splendid one to behold
Had a similar experience with a duraflex bumper on my old 3rd gen rx7. Not even close to fitting, terrible customer service, believe it's still sitting in the garage attic...

Old 05-20-2014, 04:17 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Some other threads mention good experiences with Mashaw, but PP is the standard

Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM
tooth dr is on a distinguished road
Just ordered a Precision Porsche bumper. Research I did claimed it to be the best GT2 reproduction bumber for the 996tt...Ill keep you guys posted about fit and finish...

FYI, Precision Porsche sells the OEM upper radiator vent and OEM lip to go with his bumpers...

Old 05-20-2014, 06:21 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tooth dr
Just ordered a Precision Porsche bumper. Research I did claimed it to be the best GT2 reproduction bumber for the 996tt...Ill keep you guys posted about fit and finish...

FYI, Precision Porsche sells the OEM upper radiator vent and OEM lip to go with his bumpers...
Are you doing any of the GT2 ducting?

Old 05-21-2014, 09:10 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikerosi
I was also thinking about the Precision bumper. Can you tell me if that lip is flexible like the 996tt one otherwise I WILL bust it off. Also is the diffuser by the hood a separate piece or not? Thanks Mike

It uses GT2 OEM lip diffuser (which is flexible like the stock Turbo lip) and also uses the OEM vent. Both can be purchased from PP or from Suncoast Porsche.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor
Extreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura aboutExtreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura about
did you already purchase one? if not we do have a few options and can get you a really good deal!

Old 05-21-2014, 06:46 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
did you already purchase one? if not we do have a few options and can get you a really good deal!
OK let me have your bottom line, thanks Mike

Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Banned
snash991turbo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HIX

How is this a Precision Porsche Bumper when the car has a European license plate and you're in Georgia? Can you take a picture of the back of the same car with your GA license plate?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which aftermarket 996 GT2 front bumper to get??