996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need help from someone in NC???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
Need help from someone in NC???

Tentatively worked out a deal for a 996tt but the car is 6 hrs away from me and the owner tells me that the car is perfect except, when you first start it up - it smells like a gym bag for 30secs then goes away??? He thinks it may be gone now b/c the dealership changed out some filters and sprayed something(?) but i wanted to get a first hand witness to see if there is a problem.

SO anybody wanna visit a lamborghini dealership north of greensboro, nc for me and tell me what they think real quick??? pretty please???

normally i would pass on this car BUT it is EXACTLY what i've been looking for in a very unique option list

Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 PM
chumpulump is on a distinguished road
The exciting thing about this post is that now I know that there's a lambo dealership in NC! That means there's hope for a lambo after all...

Anyway--I could check the car out for you. Mapquest tells me it's about 75 miles away.

If you're still wanting to do this, let me know via PM.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Steve...one of the top guys from that Greensboro Porsche store left a couple years ago to open the Lambo store. Nice guy too.

Lizard...email me. I know those guys and might be able to help get a visual on it.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Lizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of lightLizard1 is a glorious beacon of light
eric - I PM'd you. Regardless of whether i get this car or another Polar Silver, one of my first orders will be Polar Silver bumperettes, key hole plug, front bumper plugs AND rear wiper delete plug

Old 10-05-2005, 09:26 AM
chumpulump - PM'd you

thanks!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Ruiner is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Lizard1
eric - I PM'd you. Regardless of whether i get this car or another Polar Silver, one of my first orders will be Polar Silver bumperettes, key hole plug, front bumper plugs AND rear wiper delete plug
You, sir, are a wise man!

The Rear Wiper = the devil

Old 10-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Ruiner
You, sir, are a wise man!

The Rear Wiper = the devil
nahhh, i've just got wise friends

btw - turns out that other tt in NJ is NOT an X50 so both cars are pretty equal except for the certified warranty

Old 10-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Ruiner is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Lizard1
nahhh, i've just got wise friends

btw - turns out that other tt in NJ is NOT an X50 so both cars are pretty equal except for the certified warranty
Well, the warranty helps. The miles are low and the car seems great. The K-16s pull instantly on the low end. That seems to be what you are looking for and you won't be disappointed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.