996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

IAT Sensor wires? for ProEFI install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 10:26 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
IAT Sensor wires? for ProEFI install

Hi all,
I tried to do a search, but no luck. I am installing the IAT sensor for my ProEFI and thinking of just tapping it into the factory MAF harness which houses the IAT. Anybody know of the color scheme for the IAT/5V reference wires? Just curious. If not, I'll just use the pin-out/connector that ProEFI provided.

It's getting close!!

Old 05-14-2015, 10:40 AM
MalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud of
Sorry noob type question but what's the purpose of swapping to the ProEFI engine management? I've seen it mentioned a few times on the forum. Much more flexible tuning options or it can do things the stock ECU can't?

Old 05-14-2015, 11:03 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
NP! Well for me..I'm doing an all out build, except for engine internals so I needed something that was powerful enough that can control/manage my setup and be able to tune/log on the fly. There's many options out there for this, but the ProEFI was my choice. A couple things for me was the ability to run flex fuel, boost by gear, etc., traction control, 2-step, rolling anti-lag, fault/error controls and built in safety controls, etc.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:58 AM
MalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud ofMalcolmV8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
NP! Well for me..I'm doing an all out build, except for engine internals so I needed something that was powerful enough that can control/manage my setup and be able to tune/log on the fly. There's many options out there for this, but the ProEFI was my choice. A couple things for me was the ability to run flex fuel, boost by gear, etc., traction control, 2-step, rolling anti-lag, fault/error controls and built in safety controls, etc.
Those are all amazingly good reasons I wish something like that was as simple to integrate into my Cobra which is a fully built E85 car.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:45 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Fully programmable - on the fly - ECU. Flexible I/O and lots of FAST datalogging and real-time data display. Pretty sure this ECU has been used on 4valve Ford motors so you may want to give them a call.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:55 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
You can use the one from the MAF for the IAT, but the air temp source for my Syvecs installation is located on the factory MAP Sensor (Attaching the pinout). It was setup to wire it in like that in my case. Keep in mind if you are going to add a standard 2 wire IAT sensor off the factory wiring you need to verify that the ProEFI does still have those wires coming into the harness pinned in for the ProEFI. If not you will need to just run new wires because pinning off the stock wiring harness and also changing the plug is going to be harder than just running 2 new wires.

Name:  pdopStF.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  12.9 KB
Blue/Gray = For 5v Reference (or 12v can't remember what they list it as)
Brown/Pink = Ground for the sensor

Name:  6Ms0B4a.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  8.6 KB
For reference on the stock DME pinout to verify which color is for Intake Temp and which is for charge pressure.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Also re-reading the original post. You need to use the ProEFI connector and the IAT they provide unless something has changed since my 128 install I did on my Porsche YEARS ago.

My reply above is only if the jumper harness has the pins for the IAT from the MAP still connected. If not you will need to run new wires for sure. Honestly if it wasn't a pain on the Syvecs to repin it I would have ran new wires myself as well.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
for general info you go to proefi Facebook page most any question will be answered in short order by many of the tuners and owners of the system

Old 05-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Powell: thanks for the schematic! On the ProEFI facebook site, a user advised it should be ok, but may experience more signal noise due to weak grounds versus using the proefi connector and direct wiring. I'm leaning towards wiring it out of the proefi connector since i'll be adding additional sensors as well. Either way...thanks again!