996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Going to be ordering a GT2 front bumper in a few days...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 02:53 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
+1 Nice write up, I am also in the market for front and rear gt2. Precision Porsche sells a detachable lip or the only way is to do OEM lip somehow attached to the front bumper ?

Old 10-13-2015, 08:52 AM
paycer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Fadi
+1 Nice write up, I am also in the market for front and rear gt2. Precision Porsche sells a detachable lip or the only way is to do OEM lip somehow attached to the front bumper ?
The Precision Porsche piece is supposed to work perfectly with the OEM lip which is what I provided the P-dealer bodyshop with. I've never read anyone else having a problem using the OEM GT2 lip with the PP front end.

The bodyshop told me that were having problems getting the OEM lip to stay attached to the PP bumper so they had to fiberglass it into place.

I'm speculating that since the bodyshop mistakenly thought I wanted the lower lip to get painted too, they rigged up the lower lip to be a fixed piece piece of the PP bumper so they could paint it all at once.

The real annoying part is that when they told me the lower lip was already prepped for paint (via email), I told them (via email) to make sure the lower lip was replaceable with another OEM lip when/if the OEM lip became damaged someday. I never got a response back and assumed (like an idiot) that all was well.

I'm guessing I never got a response back since the lower lip was already permanently attached to the bumper a that point.

Now I'm looking into raising up my PSS9 a little higher to gain a few precious centimeters!

Like I said, the look is amazing, but let my situation be a lesson to others to make absolutely certain that lower lip remains a removable item.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! Very good to know

Guys, tried to contact Precision Porsche to get an offer, but seems to me that something isnt right, saw multiple websites, some emails not working anymore..., things that make me go hmmm, any certain contact? Not goinf to let them down from this but to be honest hope they are much better with their products than marketing

Old 10-14-2015, 09:49 AM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
Guys - I just jumped on this thread. Hands down - the Getty carbon bumper is perfect.

I swapped from an oem gt2 bumper to the carbon Getty to reduce some weight. Price is good, it came to me in great condition with even my body work guy being shocked at how little work it needed. Top vents are molded as part of the bumper - so you could do them body color like me, or mask and paint them black.

The spoiler connects with wing nuts from under neath - so easily removable which I have done to get it on a dyno.

http://www.gettydesign.com/996_bumpers.php

Old 10-14-2015, 09:50 AM
paycer will become famous soon enough
Fadi, I dealt with a great guy named Cal. Cal, was super responsive and answered any and all my questions via email. In fact, I'm about to contact him and get his opinion about that lower OEM lip attaching to their bumper issue that I mentioned earlier.

The email address that I conversed with Cal was --> precisionporsche911@gmail.com

Old 10-14-2015, 01:03 PM
Thanks, really helps. Tony from Precision Porsche contacted me, will look over getty too

Old 10-14-2015, 01:05 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
LQQK...Is the carbon getty noticeably lighter than the stock GT2?

On the getty website it says that it includes radiator ducts. Do these actually direct airflow to the radiators properly? I don't think the other GT2 style aftermarket bumpers include radiator ducts?? Got any pics of what the ducts look like?

I assume the top vents are not functional, correct??

Can you install OEM spoilers on the chin?

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by LQQK
Guys - I just jumped on this thread. Hands down - the Getty carbon bumper is perfect.

I swapped from an oem gt2 bumper to the carbon Getty to reduce some weight. Price is good, it came to me in great condition with even my body work guy being shocked at how little work it needed. Top vents are molded as part of the bumper - so you could do them body color like me, or mask and paint them black.

The spoiler connects with wing nuts from under neath - so easily removable which I have done to get it on a dyno.

http://www.gettydesign.com/996_bumpers.php

Old 10-14-2015, 02:51 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
in my book, if you like it, get it, who cares what people think, and some people say oh, because you cannot afford it. that's such a stupid comment.

let me tell you something, ME? personally, I'm not touching anything from the outside, why, because I like the way it looks. I even like oem wheels. SO people can hate me for that? lol ! that's so weird. .

(opens the beer)

Last edited by MadWhip; 10-14-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fadi
Thanks, really helps. Tony from Precision Porsche contacted me, will look over getty too
Originally Posted by paycer
Fadi, I dealt with a great guy named Cal. Cal, was super responsive and answered any and all my questions via email. In fact, I'm about to contact him and get his opinion about that lower OEM lip attaching to their bumper issue that I mentioned earlier.

The email address that I conversed with Cal was --> precisionporsche911@gmail.com
this is all the same guys. tony had legal issues with the name precision porsche so the company was changed to precision911. buy with confidence. i have the gt2 precision bumper. it uses the factory front lip. it simply snaps in place and there is a screw on each side at the end

Old 10-15-2015, 04:30 PM
romeo62186 is a name known to allromeo62186 is a name known to allromeo62186 is a name known to allromeo62186 is a name known to allromeo62186 is a name known to allromeo62186 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
this is all the same guys. tony had legal issues with the name precision porsche so the company was changed to precision911. buy with confidence. i have the gt2 precision bumper. it uses the factory front lip. it simply snaps in place and there is a screw on each side at the end
What is the bumper made of?

Old 10-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by romeo62186
What is the bumper made of?
fiberglass. the only poly bumpers worth using are factory and RUF. the others are crap