996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lets talk EBC Electronic Boost Controllers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 02:51 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute

So I've always had an EBC on every other turbo car I've owned.
My favorites are the Blitz DSBC and Greddy Profec B, I've found these hold boost the best compared to others like Apexi with smaller solenoids.
Why aren't more Porsche guys running EBC's.
Yes we all know one false move and boom but that's usually user error and everyone takes the risk of blowing up once you start modding.

Not too long ago I was getting eratic boost on my current tune, I wish I had some flexibility, I ended up unpluggin the n75 connector, then unplugging the battery then everything straightened out.. but I wish I could have just turned boost off like I've done in the past.

I'm very familiar with the setting of these type of devices, normally I have only three settings:
Off usually wastegate pressure for when it rains or valet
low boost for pump gas and daily driving
hi boost for race gas and racing (this usually gets very little use but I would know when to switch back as I have always in the past)

Last edited by YJosephTT; 09-18-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:56 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
I used many types of EBC ,
I prefer the HKS EVC6 as its very easy to set , you have a lot of functions , boost by rpm / boost by TB / boost by s button !!

Just my opinion

Old 09-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
EBoost Street is what I use........

Old 09-18-2015, 05:06 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ysfg35
I used many types of EBC ,
I prefer the HKS EVC6 as its very easy to set , you have a lot of functions , boost by rpm / boost by TB / boost by s button !!

Just my opinion
I'm familiar with that one too, lots of bells and whistles similar to the AVCR.
Personally I think the small single solenoid isn't capable or regulating higher boosts especially with all the settings.
The simpler large solenoid ones have always been more solid in my experience.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:08 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Well if your tune is setup to handle the higher boost setting/fuel/spark, why can't you just run a standalone boost controller? Doesn't the AEM boost controller have some safety built into it? Overboost, etc. Maybe pair that with a AEM UEG Failsafe gauge and you could have a pretty safe setup.

I used the Profec B-spec mostly in my old turbo cars. I remember using the Apexi AVC-R as well. All pretty good from what I can recall. I remember the profec holding boost really well.

Last edited by 03EvoIII; 09-18-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by YJosephTT
So I've always had an EBC on every other turbo car I've owned.
My favorites are the Blitz DSBC and Greddy Profec B, I've found these hold boost the best compared to others like Apexi with smaller solenoids.
Why aren't more Porsche guys running EBC's.
Yes we all know one false move and boom but that's usually user error and everyone takes the risk of blowing up once you start modding.

Not too long ago I was getting eratic boost on my current tune, I wish I had some flexibility, I ended up unpluggin the n75 connector, then unplugging the battery then everything straightened out.. but I wish I could have just turned boost off like I've done in the past.

I'm very familiar with the setting of these type of devices, normally I have only three settings:
Off usually wastegate pressure for when it rains or valet
low boost for pump gas and daily driving
hi boost for race gas and racing (this usually gets very little use but I would know when to switch back as I have always in the past)
I'm running the profec B in my car. I have the same thoughts about it as you and use it in a similar way. At first I didn't like the extra parts and hoses that could possibly fail but now I love being able to change the boost at the touch of a button. Like I was told, it's not for everyone because it does require more attention and monitoring. Also, I find the transition to full boost and back to no boost a little more abrupt than ECU control. But that's at the high boost setting of about 1.1 bar. I could probably tweak it a bit to smooth it out.

Last edited by Jeanmarcboilard; 09-18-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Ive been running greddys all my life and one EVC 6, which was hard to set up actually...if you know your way around a greddy then get a tune for it... and you will be more then happy.... you cant just unplug the n75..
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-18-2015, 11:25 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
Plex ebc pro !!! Hands down the best controller out there. Nothing touches it.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:16 AM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
I have always used Greddy in the past, Apexi once or twice. But Greddy has always worked as it should have, setup in other builds was pretty straight forward. But with the new stuff out with boost by gear, rpm, failsafes etc, just a diff ball game.

Originally Posted by LQQK
Plex ebc pro !!! Hands down the best controller out there. Nothing touches it.
Is this the one that AMS runs?

Old 09-20-2015, 01:49 PM
LQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond reputeLQQK has a reputation beyond repute
Yes - AMS sells it in the US. It's a fantastic controller.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help!!!

Just finished recently upgrading to plex from greddy profec B... They are night and day

Plex is the most advanced ebc on the market for sure and runs also a 996tt firmware so can run lots of options regarding fine tune, performance, conpensations and safety logic

I compared with almost all other ebc on the market and this is almost like a standalone running over stock ecu

Anyway my old greddy runs strong too if you want just off/low/high and basic gain settings its a solid choice and much cheaper

Old 09-20-2015, 03:53 PM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
The Plex PBC Pro is the best boost controller hands down- /thread

Old 09-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
you cant just unplug the n75..
markski
Marski what do yo umean you cant just unplug the n75?
With an EBC won't there be confusion between the n75 and external boost controller?

Is there a simple schematic how to hook one up?

Old 09-20-2015, 05:57 PM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YJosephTT
Marski what do yo umean you cant just unplug the n75?
With an EBC won't there be confusion between the n75 and external boost controller?

Is there a simple schematic how to hook one up?
I'd like to hear what you mean by that to. Mine is unplugged and my ecu doesn't seem to have an issue with it... My afr is perfect.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:08 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I'm running no N75, W/G boost at the moment. I burned up multiple Greddy as it seems there's a short in the wiring to the solenoid. Installed by PO, I just ran it with the solenoid off and recently removed it. There's a code set but no light on my car, it was apparently setup for an EBC in the tune I was told.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lets talk EBC Electronic Boost Controllers