996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hesitation at 4k RPMs - Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 12:46 PM
split71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Macster
Those do not like the right plugs. IIRC the recommended plugs are of the two ground electrode style.

Gap looks a might inconsistent too. Probably comes from running the single electrode. Erosion of the center and ground electrode tips.

Also, note the discoloration all the way up the threads. Those plugs are due to be replaced.
Macster, you're correct. These technically are not the correct plugs and I put in the correct Bosch's you see in the background there. Regardless, the car ran fine with them for ~10k+ miles.

They were close to being due, but it is not the culprit and that's what I'm trying to highlight here. The guys cleared the fuel line and test drove the car after and it ran fine, then we replaced the sender and plugs for good measure.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:59 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by split71
Macster, you're correct. These technically are not the correct plugs and I put in the correct Bosch's you see in the background there. Regardless, the car ran fine with them for ~10k+ miles.

They were close to being due, but it is not the culprit and that's what I'm trying to highlight here. The guys cleared the fuel line and test drove the car after and it ran fine, then we replaced the sender and plugs for good measure.
hmmmm...so if the fuel line was plugged how did you get any fuel through it? Or why just at 4K? Seems you have multiple failure mechanisms at work and we won't really know what fixed it as you changed multiple things at the same time (sender and plugs not to mention the fact you had to reinstall all of those items). Just saying...

Old 02-12-2016, 04:14 PM
split71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wross996TT
hmmmm...so if the fuel line was plugged how did you get any fuel through it? Or why just at 4K? Seems you have multiple failure mechanisms at work and we won't really know what fixed it as you changed multiple things at the same time (sender and plugs not to mention the fact you had to reinstall all of those items). Just saying...

Re-read a few posts back. They drove the car after unclogging the fuel line and it drove normal without the hesitation. We did the other items for good measure as we knew the fuel level sender was bad and I wanted to have the plugs done anyway.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:46 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by split71
Re-read a few posts back. They drove the car after unclogging the fuel line and it drove normal without the hesitation. We did the other items for good measure as we knew the fuel level sender was bad and I wanted to have the plugs done anyway.
OK, I did read it...again...perhaps I am illiterate, but you still haven't explained why if there was something stuck in the fuel line any fuel gets through...perhaps it was a small obstacle, but I don't understand why this explains the hesitation at 4K...I don't care that the symptoms are gone (that is NOT evidence of causal understanding), just that we understand what really caused it...I realize you really don't care about that and you just want your car to work, but for the benefit of the rest of us...we need further understanding of the issue...Or NOT...LOL. BTW you can ignore me, no hard feelings.