996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chip upgrade? Yes or No..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 03:10 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
Chip upgrade? Yes or No..

Ok heres my story:

I have had three other Turbos and currently have a 05 TTS Coupe Blk/Blk.
I just did 19' Techart GTs-Black along with a carbon rear wing.
I am getting the bug to chip /flash the computer for more power. I know I already have the X50 Set up and I was wondering if just flashing or chipping the car will make a difference and Is it worth the money?
I am a speed junkie in the sense that I love to feel my car pull in any gear. I realy dont care about the top end so much, But I am realy curious as to what the computer **** will do for me.
I dont want to see ANY lights or **** like that come on. I DONT want ANY kind of trouble!!

Should I do It or No??

And if so, How do I get this done? I am on Long Island NY..

Old 12-30-2005, 03:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Absolutely With the K24 turbos that you have you're going to really need an exhaust to free up the flow to get the most out of the chip though....

Old 12-30-2005, 03:17 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
absolutely yes! The majority of the cost will be in the exhaust, but flashing stage II or III will make you feel like you're driving a different car altogether. I've been stage II for a year now without a single problem. Only took 24hrs for the turnaround on the ECU as well.

Best money you'll spend on your TT.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Cepages is on a distinguished road
I went with the GIAC and could not be happier. No problems from the chipping.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:45 PM
But is there a noticable difference? Am I throwing more money away? Will it make a difference if I keep my stock exhaust?
what if I just do the chip/flash, Will I feel a difference right away??

Old 12-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
There is a big difference. Like others have said, you really need an exhaust to get the most out of it.

I recommend exhaust first, then chip. Exhaust alone can give you 40+ HP in the midrange and 15HP peak.

Old 12-30-2005, 04:35 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by monsoonmadness
But is there a noticable difference? Am I throwing more money away? Will it make a difference if I keep my stock exhaust?
what if I just do the chip/flash, Will I feel a difference right away??
There still is a noticeable gain with the stock exhaust it's just that to get the "most" out of it you'll need an exhaust as well... Depending upon where you're based I'm sure it'd be ok to let you "try" it out first to make sure you're happy. I do that here so

Old 12-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Kev
Kev is on a distinguished road
www.rpmracinginc.com

RPM Racing Inc.
196 Quality Plaza
Hicksville, NY 11801
631-423-0275

They're official GIAC dealers. Talk to Russ.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi Eric.. I think its time... (RPM racing)

Old 12-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Kev
Kev is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by monsoonmadness
Hi Eric.. I think its time... (RPM racing)
Hey man. I'm not Erik. Just another happy customer of Russ, Erik, and the rest of the gang.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:36 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
how does an Evo intake or new MAF change the equation with chip + exhaust ?

Old 12-30-2005, 05:39 PM
So whats my first move??

Old 12-30-2005, 05:43 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally posted by KJM3SMG
how does an Evo intake or new MAF change the equation with chip + exhaust ?
The equation involves maximizing cold air in and hot air out. Intake and exhaust will of course help in these areas. Next of course the chip will improve electronic management of the increased air flow and will "unleash" the de-tuned power of the x50. The MAF...humm, this will not improve performance, but you may have a CEL and a lot of folks replace the MAF. When you make those mods you have to allow some time for the car to re-learn the new performance. If you replace the intake, there may be some issues with oil(although, the oiled filters are not used any more). With new intake, exhaust and GIAC Flash...you will be very happy with performance.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
my 1st move would be europipe.while you are at it debur your stock headers, then chipaway. my 1st chip was a piggieback unichip. which worked great never a cel two maps one for 91 oct one for100 oct and a cutoff...went a little crazy with a few other mods.... my maf got dirty and it took me about 5k to track it down the cost was about 3bucks for a can of elec cleaner...on of the unnessary changes was to a giac from the unichip.. now i have two...am very happy with the giac...of course the unichip is for sale cheap pm me,, if you are in no cal i can help you out with a great flasher near you

Old 12-30-2005, 05:51 PM
You guys are scaring me there!! I dont want to know about any of that stuff... All I want to know about is what the pedal will feel like!!

Will I feel a difference with just the chip??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chip upgrade? Yes or No..