996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just lost my 996 Turbo in a fire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 02:18 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
Just lost my 996 Turbo in a fire

Haven't been back yet but can see from videos that car is gone. Looks like rear of car may still be there.

I need to start pulling together support documentation for a valuation.

Was a 2004 TT Cab, 60k, in perfect condition including receipts to show new tires 6 months ago, major service, new clutch in 2015.

Any help on the best places to look for me to support a good valuation would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:28 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
Sorry man.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:52 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Find a comparable car for sale with a fat price tag on it.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:04 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
Yep that's what I'm doing. Still a bit hard. Prices are very wide and I have a stack of recent receipts to support a high value.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:04 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
I feel for you. Almost lost both of mine and the boat.

Hold your ground, don't let them pay you KBB prices. Document the actual sale prices that have been happening. I think that someone with a car dealers license may have access to more actual sold prices.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:32 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aggk
Haven't been back yet but can see from videos that car is gone. Looks like rear of car may still be there.

I need to start pulling together support documentation for a valuation.

Was a 2004 TT Cab, 60k, in perfect condition including receipts to show new tires 6 months ago, major service, new clutch in 2015.

Any help on the best places to look for me to support a good valuation would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Wait for them to make an offer. It may be around what you're thinking. They know these are desirable cars.

I'm also an appraiser. Very busy right now, but message me if I can help.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by aggk
Yep that's what I'm doing. Still a bit hard. Prices are very wide and I have a stack of recent receipts to support a high value.
Receipts don't really add to value from adjustment standpoint. Insurance will consider receipts for recent maintenance, (i.e. tires). Otherwise the documentation should be there to support that it was excellent shape versus average as they have nothing to look at if it was burned totally.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:21 PM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
You're lucky if that's the most valuable thing you lost! Thousands lost most everything, including lots of irreplaceables. Your car can be replaced pretty easily. I still feel bad for you.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i had a m/b amg that was totaled in an accident. they offered 16k$ i provided receipts totaling 7000$ that were installed within a yr . they adjusted to price to 23k$ and i then bought the car back for 3500$. stripped all the mods off and sold the driveline for 4k$

receipts definately help
Again certain ones do. Mainly showing recent maintenance. No one cares if yo have a receipt for a stereo or upgraded wheels/tires is what I'm getting at. This is what I see from 1st hand experience.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by nick49
You're lucky if that's the most valuable thing you lost! Thousands lost most everything, including lots of irreplaceables. Your car can be replaced pretty easily. I still feel bad for you.
Very true. It's still very hard I'm sure.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately we lost everything on the property.

Everything burned to the ground, not even a chimney left from what I can see from videos.

Car was in the garage and I can see the car in the video so clearly garage burned down as well.

Thankfully we weren't there or we easily could have been killed.

The street looks like a war zone.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:48 AM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
Sorry for the loss, I can only imagine how devastating it can be, having had a fire inside my home with lots of destruction.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:40 AM
01Turbo is a name known to all01Turbo is a name known to all01Turbo is a name known to all01Turbo is a name known to all01Turbo is a name known to all01Turbo is a name known to all
Sorry to hear . Would the normal house insurance for basics cover your car ?

Old 10-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by 01Turbo
Sorry to hear . Would the normal house insurance for basics cover your car ?
No, that's why you have car insurance.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:38 PM
nbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud of
I'm disappointed this thread didn't end in 9/11 conspiracy theories like the one on Rennlsit did.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.