996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best place for Chiptuning in uk or Europe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Mpsuk will become famous soon enough
Best place for Chiptuning in uk or Europe?

Hi, I have a 996 turbo with tial a28/60 turbos and all supporting mods. The current mapping is not great. 1.4-1.5 bar boost but feels like ignition timing has been pulled right back to serve this? Need it doing properly. Have been told dms is good? Anyone here can shed some light? I am thinking of going up to tial 3076 at a later date

Old 11-12-2017, 04:50 PM
It feels like the car would perform better with less boost and more ignition advance

Old 11-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Who’s tuning? Can you log it?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:08 AM
I don’t have a logger. It was tuned by viezu uk.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
If you would like to try Cobb and compare I would gladly set you up with a full guarantee. That way you can compare apples to apples and then decide where to go form there as it is quite flexible! Best before starting all over in my opinion since you will need tuning support anyhow. We are blessed to have quite a resume over the years and partnership/support with Cobb tuning cars around the world!

Old 11-13-2017, 10:32 AM
nbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud of
I began working with Sam under similar circumstances (bolt-on car with previous tune running like garbage).

The Cobb platform is great for diagnosing, logging, and tuning these cars and nobody utilizes it better than Sam.

Working over the phone and email, him and I had the gremlins shook out of my car quickly and its never run better.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Never heard of it before. I most certainly have a lot of reading to do. So, through this medium, I can diagnose problems and get a suitable tune for my vehicle? Retuneable when I go for bigger turbos? What is the cost? Also, I don’t know if I mentioned it but, I live in the uk

Old 11-13-2017, 10:45 AM
nbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mpsuk
Never heard of it before. I most certainly have a lot of reading to do. So, through this medium, I can diagnose problems and get a suitable tune for my vehicle? Retuneable when I go for bigger turbos? What is the cost? Also, I don’t know if I mentioned it but, I live in the uk
I wouldn't worry about being in UK, the tuning is done by logging data in 3rd gear and then sending the CSV file to Sam, he then emails you a map and you repeat the exercise until you've reached the limit of your rods or mods.

The unit can read/reset trouble codes, log data, provides live output of like 25 different sensors (oil temp, coolant temp, timing, fuel trim etc. It also comes with OTS (Off The Shelf) maps to act as a baseline but the real magic comes with custom maps from excellent tuners like Sam.

I can't/ won't speak on prices but I will say Sam is very fair and I think he's typically pretty aggressive on pricing this time of year.

If I were you I would shoot Sam a PM, exchange emails, and then defer to his advice based on what budget and goals you relay to him.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:48 AM
Sounds good, thank you

Old 11-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
Couldn't have said it better...and cheers

M you will be impressed with the cost and capability. Guarantee to make it as comfortable as possible. That is my confidence level.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.