996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

gearing 5th is 6th and 6th fifth WTF. please watch video ripped off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 02:33 PM
911mhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by uwrasta
Off to the shop today. My mechanic laughed. What else can you do
You have the right attitude despite what happened, congratulations on the ability to stomach what some may let haunt them. A friend of mine regularly says he realized long ago he was just happier being happy, no matter what.

Hopefully the seller understands by now he'll sleep better by PayPaling you $3-5k and does that. His future really depends on it, whether he realizes it now or not. Eventually his own mind will ruin him, his reasoning in his response you posted shows he good at lying to himself already. His other "toy" means he has the means to make you whole or show good effort to do that. Hopefully he does.

If not, I'd give his information to people who will put his personal contact stuff everywhere. A few grand is good deal to avoid relentless phone calls and bs you can avoid...whatta douch*

Old 12-18-2017, 02:50 PM
uwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud of
Thanks my man!!! I appreciate. I have no expectations but it would be nice and fair.

Today I'm just grateful that I am who I am And he is who he is.
Livin a lie would really suck

Hopefully I see ya around some time!!!!!

Old 12-21-2017, 10:05 AM
uwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud of
Gears are swapped. We were hoping that it was a linkage mix up. Plus it's leaking oil. So drop she goes. Maybe my crypto currency investments will bail me out. But not looking like it as of today

Kh automotive did the great PPI and Michael Holland from Kansas were the great human beings that set me up with such a fine mess

Oh well they are dropping now. Will see if anything else is f'd up soon.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo239.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	518151   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo485.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	518152   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo476.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	518153  
Old 12-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
BMRWC is on a distinguished road
Bummer, sorry to hear it. Just FYI, there is no possible way that the linkage could have caused this so be wary of anyone that says that. If they truly believe that is possible, they have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the shift linkage works on these. If needed, I suggest sending any trans work to Bill Rader Motorsports in Las Vegas, he is awesome at these.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor
BMRWC is on a distinguished road
Don't mean my comment as a slight against anyone, just fyi.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:16 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BMRWC
Bummer, sorry to hear it. Just FYI, there is no possible way that the linkage could have caused this so be wary of anyone that says that. If they truly believe that is possible, they have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the shift linkage works on these. If needed, I suggest sending any trans work to Bill Rader Motorsports in Las Vegas, he is awesome at these.
LOL Rennlist suggested that.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:17 AM
The shop didn't say it was linkage. A couple people on Rennlist mentioned that it could be a possibility so I mentioned it to the shop.
They said no way. I feel confident in the abilities gary has. Thanks a million!!!! Merry Xmas.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:24 AM
Don't mean my comment as a slight against anyone, just fyi.
No worries. I didn't take it that way!!!!! Have a merry Xmas!!!!!

Old 12-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Sorry bud.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:53 AM
993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !
+1... sorry to hear OP!

Old 12-21-2017, 02:01 PM
Sailingfun is on a distinguished road
Wow, the PPI missed the oil leak as well as the gear swap. Leaves you wondering if they did anything other than collect your money!!

Old 12-21-2017, 02:20 PM
Ya tell me about it.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:13 PM
nbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud of
Good time to do the GT-2 slave conversion and a upgraded clutch while its apart. That would be a good foundation should you choose to add on power down the road.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Thanks. Still waiting to see what it's gonna cost in total. I'm sure there's a few other odds and ends. Gonna likely keep stock clutch. Don't wanna throw money at it. Might do a couple DE's but not gonna be a major track vehicle. I don't mind the clutch the way it is.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:20 PM
Get my car back next week tranny drop and gear swap. Also had some H&r street coilovers installed with hubcentric spacers corner Balanced and align. Also a laundry list of other crap.

All said it's costing less than 4000

Thanks to the Canadian exchange and my man Gary at Forward Automotive in Victoria BC.

Glad this saga is coming to an end!!!
Thanks for all who supported me in this and not telling me I'm a dumb *** for being trustworthy.

I still won't change and give most the benefit of the doubt as trustworthy. Call me a fool but I think it's a better way to go through life. After all we all know that it's easy to forget that gears are swapped

Oh well he will get his in the end/). Karma's a *****.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gearing 5th is 6th and 6th fifth WTF. please watch video ripped off