996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CA introduces Drive by MILE TAX!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by vogz
Pay for use is not a "BS tax".

There are plenty of "BS taxes" out there. Pay for use of our interstate system isn't one of them.
Yea wasn't necessarily agreeing or disagreeing, just that one's income has nothing to do with their willingness to pay a tax they feel is unjust.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:25 PM
TexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura about
First, I want to say I'm impressed that no one jumped down my neck. Thanks for that. However, to clarify my point earlier, I wasn't complaining about the OP's post which as I noted is quite relevant. Rather I was intending to point out that the name calling of others with different political views is not only unnecessary, it makes others defensive rather than engaging them in conversation, which is the point of this forum. My guess is that we're all here because we like the same cars and want to hear other's opinions and I'm guessing that this forum likely has a good spattering of people from a wide swath of political leanings. For what its worth, I happen to be a moderate. I agree with both parties on certain things..

Just my .02

Old 12-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I don't think the debate for Californians is at all about a use tax. A use tax is fine if it only affects those actually benefitting. The problem in California is that the taxes collected for road use or the new $.50/gal increase in gas tax are not used to fix our roads as the bureaucrats raid those funds for social spending.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:20 AM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
Bingo.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:50 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Third-Reef
Bingo.
bingo +2

Old 12-17-2017, 07:39 PM
TexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura about
Not sure where the new per mile fee is intended to go but there's a good article on the gas tax budgeting here. It looks at a political claim and explores the facts to see whether its founded or not.

http://www.politifact.com/california...nt-new-gas-ta/

Old 12-17-2017, 08:55 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Then where is sales tax, property tax, and state tax Going? Do people in California bring home about 30% of their paycheck?

Old 12-17-2017, 09:51 PM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
If only we could keep all the federal income tax collected in California instead of having the federal government redistribute to the states like Mississippi, ‘Bama, W. Virginia and the rest of the whiny poor states that take far more from the pool than they contribute we wouldn’t need additional taxes. Don’t like it here? Stay the fu(k out.
We’re not being drained by intrastate social services but interstate social services. California, New York and other high income high tax base states pay the largest percentage of income tax by a large margin, but when national election time comes our votes are superseded by the welfare states because of the antiquated electoral college system.

Last edited by mrmaass; 12-18-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-18-2017, 09:40 AM
drinaldis is a glorious beacon of lightdrinaldis is a glorious beacon of lightdrinaldis is a glorious beacon of lightdrinaldis is a glorious beacon of lightdrinaldis is a glorious beacon of light
I'm in Cali and my effective tax rate is nil. Something about having a million dollar mortgage !!

Old 12-18-2017, 09:50 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mrmaass
If only we could keep all the federal income tax collected in California instead of having the federal government redistribute to the states like Mississippi, ‘Bama, W. Virginia and the rest of the whiny poor states that take far more from the pool than they contribute we wouldn’t need additional taxes. Don’t like it here? Stay the **** out.
We’re not being drained by intrastate social services but interstate social services. California, New York and other high income high tax base states pay the largest percentage of income tax by a large margin, but when national election time comes our votes are superseded by the welfare states because of the antiquated electoral college.
Bad mouthing the rest of the country. You sound very ignorant. I've lived in CA, from NY. Open your eyes, explore the rest of your beautiful USA. CA is/has been going broke for a long time on its own accord.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:10 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s65e90
Bad mouthing the rest of the country. You sound very ignorant. I've lived in CA, from NY. Open your eyes, explore the rest of your beautiful USA. CA is/has been going broke for a long time on its own accord.
I've lived in many states in my life. I took 6 months off to drive across the country with my dog as my sole passenger to really see it. I never said the rest of the country wasn't beautiful. I sound ignorant? You sound like you lack reading comprehension skills.
Regarding income tax redistribution I'm just stating facts. Sadly in this day and age that sounds "ignorant" to those for whom facts are inconvenient. If you haven't noticed the entire country is going broke and looks to be another 1.5T thanks to the "Christmas gift" to all the staring corporations. California is one of the highest contributors to the USA's tax income. Your a$$ should be thanking us not criticizing us.

I avoid the politics section of this site because I might as well be on Britebart. Now the political cancer is spreading to the 996TT forum. To quote our moron in chief, "sad".

Old 12-18-2017, 11:18 AM
gadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to all
Originally Posted by s65e90
I read through all the previous posts and in the spirit of the Christmas season checked it twice. I never saw your post telling people to stop bad mouthing California, to open their eyes and see the rest of the beautiful state.

Nobody anywhere on the political spectrum has purity in fiscal responsibility (or patriotism or morality or anything else you feel superior about.)

Look what you've done to our family 02996ttx50!

Lets get back to cars and what spark plugs we need.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:21 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mrmaass
I've lived in many states in my life. I took 6 months off to drive across the country with my dog as my sole passenger to really see it. I never said the rest of the country wasn't beautiful. I sound ignorant? You sound like you lack reading comprehension skills.
Regarding income tax redistribution I'm just stating facts. Sadly in this day and age that sounds "ignorant" to those for whom facts are inconvenient. If you haven't noticed the entire country is going broke and looks to be another 1.5T thanks to the "Christmas gift" to all the staring corporations. California is one of the highest contributors to the USA's tax income. Your a$$ should be thanking us not criticizing us.

I avoid the politics section of this site because I might as well be on Britebart. Now the political cancer is spreading to the 996TT forum. To quote our moron in chief, "sad".
you shouldn't talk like that about your daddy.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
This thread has outlived its usefulness...it began non political as our road situation in Cali affects all Californians regardless of individual politics...how did it ever devolve to a discussion of Federal Income tax? Thread closed.