996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How to??? Second fuel pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 04:50 PM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Interesting but I don't see how a Walboro drop in will overrun the stock regulator especially on a car that needs it anyway.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:15 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
I should mention I do run a fuel pump controller as well. My little instructions only indicate how to fit the pump in the basket, and I don't run both pumps simultaneously as it is overkill for my current setup... I can turn my second one with a switch in the storage area in case I have a failure in the primary. My fuel system's only limitation is the injectors; I've got AN lines and an adjustable FPR as well. Built it this way to be fully E85 capable once I add injectors when the motor comes out.

Last edited by SeattleTurbo; 01-18-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:21 PM
Mpsuk will become famous soon enough
Which fuel pump controller do you recommend?

Old 01-18-2018, 05:37 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mpsuk
Which fuel pump controller do you recommend?
I run Weldon 14000 controller with the on/off switch replaced with a pressure switch to increase flow by boost, I think pwdr controls his through his Motec DHB setup.

You want something that controls via Pulse-Width Modulation. If it isn't pulse width modulation, skip it.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Just been looking at a aeromotive one. I think, for now at least just a inline 044 will do until I go further with the power. Just been reading a thread about having to remove In tank check valve?

Old 01-18-2018, 06:00 PM
911mhawk is on a distinguished road
Just been looking at a aeromotive one. I think, for now at least just a inline 044 will do until I go further with the power. Just been reading a thread about having to remove In tank check valve?
I worked with Kevin at UMW for a redundant fuel system with an additional pump to keep the engine safe at full load a while back. The pump is just part of the equation, need to make sure that if there's a failure you have a system in place to pick up the slack.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:01 PM
I’m sure my plex pro ebc can do that? Have to check

Old 01-18-2018, 06:14 PM
911mhawk is on a distinguished road
I’m sure my plex pro ebc can do that? Have to check
If you're familiar with programming and setting parameters, I'm sure you can do a lot. I just prefer to go with a proven system and educated tuner recommendations on a $pendy motor. Lots of ways to skin a cat depending on the desired use of your car. Others' success may not apply to what you want to achieve.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:23 PM
Yes, a lot involved but I see many have had success doing what I’m going to do for now with just an in-line 044. Seems a bit of a sticking plaster really but if it does the job for now and I set good fail safes in my plex I’ll be fine I’m sure. I will however be looking at getting a proper fuel system shortly and I have already found lots of good info here. Thanks guys and any pics or how toos you can link me to would be appreciated

Old 01-19-2018, 01:47 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Plex can trigger and monitor a second fuel pump based on IF conditions

Old 01-19-2018, 01:52 AM
Sounds good. Need to get this thing fitted

Old 01-19-2018, 05:34 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
The Bosch 044 in line that Mark is running is a time proven set up the Porsche ran on their race cars in the 80s. It simply works but the 044 is not designed for e85 if you plan to go that route. While fuel pump technology has advanced, there is no arguing the inline old school 044 works. If you don’t have someone that is familiar with programming modern fuel controllers, the 044 is a sure bet. Advanced pulse width modulation fuel controllers like the Motec DHB give you a new layer of controllability (essentially an on demand fuel system) but do not work as standalone and require a Motec dash or an ECU.

Last edited by pwdrhound; 01-19-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:38 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s65e90
Interesting but I don't see how a Walboro drop in will overrun the stock regulator especially on a car that needs it anyway.
A single walbro 450 will overwhelm the stock 3.8FPR at idle or during low fuel demand. Not a huge deal but the output can be scaled down to 30% less thus reducing fuel bypass and reheating. My fuel controller scales the output of the pump based on boost and engine rpm.

Last edited by pwdrhound; 01-19-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:29 AM
For now, the 044 is the way I’m going to go. No available e85 in uk anyway so not to worry. I’m hoping that that Fadi can find some bits I need and I’m trawling the Internet trying to find info on best place to fit. Are 60lb injectors enough for now? Thanks guys

Old 01-19-2018, 07:22 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
I do run a 450 walbor with stock fpr and 980ccm Bosch injectors. Runs perfect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to??? Second fuel pump