996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

rear wing is starting to leak - options ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 06:11 PM
eds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of light
rear wing is starting to leak - options ?

my rear wing is starting to fail. Any feedback is appreciated.

my concern is about fit, finish and impact to resale of car.
I don't like the oem system with all the heat it will just fail again.

1. i can update to the electric option ?

2. i can replace the rear with GT2 rear tail but not my favorite

3. has anyone used the Gemballa rear tail from Precision? I like this one.

thanks

Old 05-19-2018, 09:27 PM
fung0001 is on a distinguished road
I am selling my right hinge which works perfectly😁

Old 05-19-2018, 09:29 PM
fung0001 is on a distinguished road
I am also looking for some heat insulating solution for my new hinges😁

Old 05-20-2018, 05:07 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
PM me for a 6SO discount code on an eRam Kit. Lots of options and quite a bit less than a factory replacement. As you said, that will fail again with the intense heat in the engine bay.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:00 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I went with this...

Old 05-20-2018, 07:18 PM
eds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of lighteds996tt is a glorious beacon of light
I like your wing and it is probably very functional on the track. I may go the electric path because it is less attention when driving on the normal roads. I wish we had a app... normal and full wing ..lol.
what wheels/ sizes and tires are you running?

Old 05-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Dave thanks... I'm now thinking of using the electric for around town and have a wing set up for the track. I was thinking i do the same with my brakes. i use stock when i'm off the track. Before a event I swap in pagid yellow in the front and black in the back.

My only concern is the ecu... will it allow me to do this ? Does anyone see any issues ?

Old 05-21-2018, 04:48 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Our MicroModule warning prevention device supplied with the eRam Kit has you covered both ways.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:19 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Went with the erams, couldn’t be happier. Dave is great to work with and available. I was missing an o-ring on the kit and he next day aired it to me! Install was easy and with the speed option it’s really a thing of beauty. He has several sizes, but I went with the 4.75” kit.

Last edited by Atrox; 05-21-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:23 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of

Old 05-21-2018, 10:01 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eds996tt
I like your wing and it is probably very functional on the track. I may go the electric path because it is less attention when driving on the normal roads. I wish we had a app... normal and full wing ..lol.
what wheels/ sizes and tires are you running?
I have a bunch of different riser heights so I can tone it down around the city if I want (I never do). I'm running HRE 18 inch - 8.5 in front and 11.5 rear. Currently stock tire sizes.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Dave thanks... I'm now thinking of using the electric for around town and have a wing set up for the track. I was thinking i do the same with my brakes. i use stock when i'm off the track. Before a event I swap in pagid yellow in the front and black in the back.

My only concern is the ecu... will it allow me to do this ? Does anyone see any issues ?
I just unplugged the harness and taped the micro-switches. No warnings or codes.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:36 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
my rear wing is starting to fail. Any feedback is appreciated.

my concern is about fit, finish and impact to resale of car.
I don't like the oem system with all the heat it will just fail again.

1. i can update to the electric option ?

2. i can replace the rear with GT2 rear tail but not my favorite

3. has anyone used the Gemballa rear tail from Precision? I like this one.

thanks
Kevin at UMW is your solution for a factory look and function. He rebuilt mine, and during the course of the process has spent time with me over the phone to discuss his philosophy, experience, remediation, and issues specific to my system.

In short, through those conversations, it is clear that Kevin has his PhD in Wingonomics.

He's also cost-effective, so if you want an OEM solution with a nearly complete resolution for a poor OEM design without going aftermarket, Kevin is a fabulous option.

Of course the fundamental system retains the hydraulic/syringe style actuation, o-rings, limit switches, and potential for the electric motor to fail, this solution will be long-lasting and very serviceable.

I'm a big advocate for Kevin after experiencing his philosophy, depth of understanding, and pragmatic engineering prowess.

-Joe

Old 05-21-2018, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor
RennKit-Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Atrox
Went with the eRams, couldn’t be happier. Dave is great to work with and available. I was missing an o-ring on the kit and he next day aired it to me! Install was easy and with the speed option it’s really a thing of beauty. He has several sizes, but I went with the 4.75” kit.
Thanks for the plug! Glad we got you fixed up - I know you waited quite a long time to upgrade.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:22 AM
cgunsch will become famous soon enoughcgunsch will become famous soon enough

My quick fix 😁

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rear wing is starting to leak - options ?