Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Engagement / Wedding Ring For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Engagement / Wedding Ring For Sale

Here's the deal of the day. I bought this ring as a wedding gift for my girlfriend but am now not going to get married. I purchased it as a 2.12ct, SI2, K Color. I can't find the paper work but I am dropping it off this week to be professionally appraised by a well respected, AGA - GIA certified local appraiser. I will post the results when I pick it up. I am pricing it for a quick sale at $5000.00, which is a VERY good deal. It is a beautiful Cushion cut with LOTS of sparkle and will make any woman proud. It is DEFINATLY going to one of, if not the biggest in the room more often than not when she wears it.

I have bought and sold a Porsche TT, Rolexs, a Panerai and too much to remember off this board so my reputation is SOLID, If someone would like to see more detailed pics....send me a email and I will send you full size .jpgs.

Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2009, 05:19 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. SOLID price. I'd be interested if I thought she would even want a 2+ carat ring for our 10 year in July. Let me know if you have to come down any more on price, I may be interested.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 05-28-2009, 12:10 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Ironically I might be interested in this too...

Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Hey! How is the Panerai treating you? Are you used to winding it every day? I swear that ended up being something I enjoyed doing!

Originally Posted by BealeAss
Ironically I might be interested in this too...

Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Turbochris
Hey! How is the Panerai treating you? Are you used to winding it every day? I swear that ended up being something I enjoyed doing!
So far so good, I love wearing and winding the watch everyday. It's nice to take a few seconds and wind it up each morning. The only problem now is that I'm addicted to buying custom made straps for it.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I DID get the appraisal back today. He is admittedly Conservative when appraising diamonds....just being safe I guess......He graded the diamond as I1 and L in color. He did also state that it is NOT uncommon for their to be a grade difference of a level from grading to grading. So either the gentleman I purchased it from was slightly optimistic or this guy is just grading on the lower end to be safe....but I want to be clear....this IMO is NOT a "yellow" diamond....it appears to be white as can be on the finger.... when compared to $15-20,000 High end diamonds in the jewelry store....they ARE whiter.....but I have seen several that were $10,000 + that I thought were VERY similar to my untrained eye....I will tell you this....when my girlfriend wore it...it would routinely solicit comments from complete strangers on a regular basis....this ring gets a LOT of attention.

Here's some more pics....I put it on the iphone as the white backround I used before might be making it look whiter than it actually is....including one on a penny for reference to size

Oh yeah, I also have some pretty nice diamond solitaire earrings that I will put up in a separate post later as well....

Chris Barton

Attached Images      

Last edited by Turbochris; 05-28-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:51 PM
lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !lceniza Is a GOD !
That's a nice diamond, Chris!

Btw, I've done business with Chris and he is as solid a guy as they come!

-Lord

Old 05-28-2009, 06:37 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
what was the appriased value? was it worn a lot?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks Lord! I STILL appreciate the killer deal you gave ME on that Panerai!

Originally Posted by lceniza
That's a nice diamond, Chris!

Btw, I've done business with Chris and he is as solid a guy as they come!

-Lord

Old 05-29-2009, 08:10 AM
gmansbu is on a distinguished road
Can you PM me the appraisal amount? Thanks!

Old 05-29-2009, 08:33 AM
It appraised at $7500 for replacement value.....which ironically is what I paid for it. In talking to the appraiser, he told me if I used EGL or one of the other grading labs.....it would likely grade higher and have a higher stated value...but he grades to GIA/AGA standards...
I personally think thats low as I looked LONG and hard for weeks to find this big and nice of a stone for that cheap.....but.....do your homework....look around, believe it or not...the runner up when I bought this was visually about the same and being sold for $8500.....and in South Coast Plaza Mall.....crap....put it next to a $20,000 diamond and while the more expensive one is whiter....it's NOT twice as pretty....it's just a slightly whiter stone and looks better under a loop.But it won't bring more coments or attention than this one...

And this is NOT an enhanced diamond.....look it up....a LOT of the diamonds being sold online are "Enhanced".....it's a process where they use lasers to drill out the minute inclusions and it brings up the grading several levels....but lowers the value....this is a guaranteed all natural diamond. And for any of the long standing members of this board...I will offer a money back guarantee......if you don't love it.....send it back, no problem. I stand behind it 100%. I can also take paypal and/or credit cards through my business.

Last edited by Turbochris; 05-29-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:28 PM
gnot168 will become famous soon enoughgnot168 will become famous soon enough
Does it include the setting?

Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Yes, it does include the 14kt white gold setting.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 AM
GIA is the standard for grading gems......if I had it appraised by EGL it would have certainly graded higher. The stone is graded as an L. It was sold to me as a K. Personally I don't think I could tell the difference. I am looking at the GIA standards right now. They are:

Colorless: D E F

Near Colorless G H I J

Faint Yellow K L M

Very Light Yellow N O P Q R

Light Yellow S T U V W X Y Z

Someone made a comment that this stone might be yellow, if you hold this stone up next to a colorless diamond......yes you can see a dramatic difference...but a colorless 2ct VVS1stone is what? $40,000? ..but if you hold it up to an "H" like I did last night...there is VERY slight difference...the H appeared slightly whiter..NOT this stone looking yellow next to it. And not enough in my book to spend the addl $1000's to get this stone in a H. And when you are looking at it by itself and not comparing it directly against a much more expensive stone and it appears nice and white NOBODY has every looked at this stone and thought it appeared to be yellow in color.

Last edited by Turbochris; 06-06-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Buying diamonds can be a rough process. I went through several stones myself when I got engaged in December. I understand the 'need' to interject opinions on items for sale, especially in a thread that is stating many factual details about the item.

It's clear what the OP wants for this diamond and what and how it is being represented.

Please no more comments or debates on the item here.

Dropstop, if you comment again on this item or items for sale again in this manner you will be banned. Read the rules of conduct here please.

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Engagement / Wedding Ring For Sale