996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rennline Vent Grills / Airflow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 01:23 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Rennline Vent Grills / Airflow

Hey Guys do you have any experiance with the Rennline Grill Vents for our cars as far as restricting cooling to the radiators?
It seems to me in looks that there is alot of surface area with them that could hinder in coming air and hold hot air in more so when not moving ?
Thanks

Old 12-03-2018, 09:23 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hey Guys do you have any experiance with the Rennline Grill Vents for our cars as far as restricting cooling to the radiators?
It seems to me in looks that there is alot of surface area with them that could hinder in coming air and hold hot air in more so when not moving ?
Thanks
I have no experience with them. I have read speculation here about reduced airflows, but nobody has actually tested or proven this to be more than a theory. I have the GT2 bumper which is easy to clean, so I prefer to not have screens. Plus keep in mind that screens just keep the large leaves out. Smaller needles and leaf fragments can still potentially get in.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:57 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
I have them on my car. They've worked great for me and I have never noticed any difference in coolant temperature readings post-install. I had removed the front bumper cover to clean my radiators and was shocked to see all of the debris that had collected there. Air flow to the two side radiators was clearly impacted since they were literally covered with debris towards the rear third of the radiator. After doing a thorough cleaning, I put everything back together and then started looking for options to screen the huge inlets on the bumper cover. Rennline was in IMO, the best solution. I had to R&R the bumper cover again, but the Rennline kit fitment was great and the install very straightforward. No more worries about empty cigarette packs, large leaves, waste paper, cigarette butts, gravel (all crap I found in mine) and other debris being sucked in there.

Last edited by spooltime; 12-03-2018 at 02:12 PM.