996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TT vs 370 hp Evo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
You should spank him with relative ease. I easily beat a 422 *AWHP* STi (well over 500 HP at the crank) that was running C16 race fuel when my TT had just an intake, exhaust and tune on 93 pump gas over and over again.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:38 PM
kiko will become famous soon enough
The car's got 370 hp TO THE FLYWHEEL not the wheels.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:45 PM
MetalSolid will become famous soon enough
Then you'll win... Should be close though.

Old 02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
usually when i guys with less Hp wants to race u he is not telling u the truth ...
there is contest obviously.... however, with $2500 upgrade he will spank u form 0 to 100 mph.. and ull never know that he has an upgrade.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kiko
The car's got 370 hp TO THE FLYWHEEL not the wheels.
Ya...that was my point. If I beat one with 422 to the wheels with just an intake, exhaust and tune..he should easily be able to beat one with only 370 to the flywheel.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
This friend want to race me from a rolling start in his 350/370 bhp Evo, is he gonna leave me way behind? I got an European 420bhp 2001 Turbo with an Europipe...

Whats my favourable starting speed? I guess for the TT the higher the possible...
If you are talking about a white EVO V from Lisbon, don't race with that guy. He is very tricky. He knows that in highway you will smoke him badly, so he will say to you to race on short and uphill roads, and from rolling start at low speeds. The close gear ratio and the lower weight of the EVO will have advantage over your TT in these conditions. If you really want to race him, say to him that you only will race in the bridge Vasco da Gama or on a similar highway with low traffic, and with long and straight roads. And don't say that i (tiago) advised you because he knows me

Last edited by Tiago; 02-17-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Thats what I had in mind... highway. I'd never race anyone other than on a track or an Highway. I was asked to do some tuiton on a Track Day at Estoril on the 12th and he wants to meet me at A5 on my way from Porto.

In terms of embarassement I was obviously kidding... Even if I lose I wouldn't trade my car for his!!! And if he does pull on me I'll beat him on the track, that for sure, even if he had 500bhp...LOL.

He seems a nice guy but I never met him. I'll let you all know after the 12th of March.

P.S Tiago, I know you're looking into mods its a steep road, email me on francisco.santos@jrsantos.pt and I'll help you on what I can.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:43 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
In terms of embarassement I was obviously kidding... Even if I lose I wouldn't trade my car for his!!! And if he does pull on me I'll beat him on the track, that for sure, even if he had 500bhp...LOL.
Be careful about that. It depends what kind of track!!! If it is a highly technical track that favors nimbleness over outright power and speed (as opposed to something like Monza or the Nurburgring,) the Evo is quite potent.

At our local track here (4kms long, lots and lots of corners, with only two short straights where top speeds are just over 100mph,) its very close, with slight edge to a tuned Evo over 996 Turbo, 997S and 993 GT2.

again, i'll post up the GPS traces for this track later today. this should clearly show difference in rates of acceleration, as well as cornering speeds.

cheers!

Last edited by hesperus; 02-17-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
You should spank him with relative ease. I easily beat a 422 *AWHP* STi (well over 500 HP at the crank) that was running C16 race fuel when my TT had just an intake, exhaust and tune on 93 pump gas over and over again.
I agree, i cant even believe there's much thought or debate over this, an evo witht hat power rating isnt "fast" by my standards

Old 02-18-2006, 02:13 AM
egbert is on a distinguished road
You'll destroy him in anything above 1st gear-first gear if you get a bad launch he''l smoke you.
Be wary of offering the race on the track-he'll be more competitve there than on a straight road.
FYI I smoked an FQ430 the other day in a 2nd gear roll on.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:40 AM
Kinesis 996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I agree, i cant even believe there's much thought or debate over this, an evo witht hat power rating isnt "fast" by my standards
U suck! That comment just made me think that my sti is slow to everyone's standard though i know all of you guys are driving 400+ hp cars. BLAH!!!! whatever hehe.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:11 AM
About beating him on a track, I was being ironic but that would be too much...humiliating the tutor both on and off the track!!!LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Old 02-18-2006, 04:56 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
P.S Tiago, I know you're looking into mods its a steep road, email me on francisco.santos@jrsantos.pt and I'll help you on what I can.
I already got an idea of what can be done in a TT with a reasonable cost. But is always good to hear other opinions. Last week i almost bought a TT from Avila Motor in Lisbon: Black, 2002, 60k km, only 1 owner, sunroof, GPS, phone... almost full factory options for 95k €, but it didn't had the X50 kit I saw in a magazine one 2003 TT with 450hp (maybe a X50 one) for 109k € in Belas, but i lost that magazine and i forgot to take the phone number
But for now i will wait the decision of the court about my current car - M3 E46. It got a engine failure and BMW PT don't want to cover the damage. The cause of the failure it was a broken bolt from the crankshaft.
When i will have my car again, we could set a meet to see both cars and talk about cars, and we could invite Jose Neves too.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by Tiago
I already got an idea of what can be done in a TT with a reasonable cost. But is always good to hear other opinions. Last week i almost bought a TT from Avila Motor in Lisbon: Black, 2002, 60k km, only 1 owner, sunroof, GPS, phone... almost full factory options for 95k €, but it didn't had the X50 kit I saw in a magazine one 2003 TT with 450hp (maybe a X50 one) for 109k € in Belas, but i lost that magazine and i forgot to take the phone number
But for now i will wait the decision of the court about my current car - M3 E46. It got a engine failure and BMW PT don't want to cover the damage. The cause of the failure it was a broken bolt from the crankshaft.
When i will have my car again, we could set a meet to see both cars and talk about cars, and we could invite Jose Neves too.
95k??? 109k??? Gods must be mad!!! I got the 109k contact here with me, its on Sport e prestige.com phone number: 21388840 mobile: 966022680

There's a 2003 on Stampauto 218144498

But all these prices are overinflated, pick on up in Germany. Or you can have mine for 87k, fully sorted, 58km FULL Porsche history!!!

Old 02-18-2006, 06:05 AM

But all these prices are overinflated, pick on up in Germany. Or you can have mine for 87k, fully sorted, 58km FULL Porsche history!!!
I know that i can get lower prices in Germany, but i have too much cars on my own, and the best way of get rid of them is trade at least one of them for a new car. Do you want to buy/keep a 01 ML55 AMG, 05 CLS350, 95 Bentley TurboR, 98 Jaguar XKR or my 01 M3 with +15k on mods??? I make with you a deal in a heartbeat. Or if you get me a good buyer for one of those i will pay you the trip to germany, and we both go to buy a "turbinho" for me. With less than 100k we can buy a 996 GT2 there

Last edited by Tiago; 02-18-2006 at 06:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TT vs 370 hp Evo