996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TT vs 370 hp Evo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 01:07 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I need to get one now. Thanks man.
PS When are you getting the RT12.
probably around June. though I may make a visit to the factory before then, to see how things are going. will post tons of pics if/when I do.

cheers!

Old 02-22-2006, 01:46 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I have a low 10 second evo 8..... and to answer lots of questions as to why the sti is slower and or doesnt produce as much with mods.... my take is that Mitsu has been developing this engine for something like 10 years.. I think they got it down... whereas suburu has a new technology not really tested that much over the few years... not to mention they have cut corners for cost saving measures... whereas Mitsu has not. Vishnu owner told me this. My evo flies..... I also have a 680HP TT p car... and it doesnt even compare

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-22-2006, 02:42 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I have a low 10 second evo 8..... my take is that Mitsu has been developing this engine for something like 10 years.. I think they got it down...

My evo flies..... I also have a 680HP TT p car... and it doesnt even compare
Markski is right. But just just a minor correction, the 4G63 engine block used in all Evo's has been around even longer than 10 years. Many will remember the old Eagle Talon and Plymouth Laser cars that first hit the US market in 1989, and used an early iteration of the 4G63 turbo engine that developed 190HP. Mitsubishi then took the Galant VR4's rallying in '91 and '92 using the same engine, before finally switching over to the Lancer platform in succeeding years. The block itself was used even in Mitsubishi's utility vans (called the L300 here in SEAsia).

Right around '91, my father was very close to some of the Toyota brass, and despite Toyota's disdain for Mitsubishi (understandable, since Toyota are so much more successful,) the Toyota official commented begrudgingly to my dad back then that Mitsi had designed an excellent engine in the 4G63.

On a separate point,

Marksi, am very interested to hear your comments on your monster evo's performance versus your TT's. I'm really not much of a quarter mile guy, but would you have some numbers on how your Evo does versus your P-car from a roll, say from 100mph on?

Thanks man!

Old 02-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I didnt have anyone I trusted to run both cars from 100 to 180 mph....
But my evo runs very strong... I have a 10200 rpm cut off and it runs really nice 35 psi.
on a side note, in about 2 months or so, Ill have a 850 rwhp TT P car... then I should compare both cars from a 30 mph roll....
check out the video...
http://djmarkski.com/backfire.mp4

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 02-22-2006 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:18 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I didnt have anyone I trusted to run both cars from 100 to 180 mph....
But my evo runs very strong... I have a 10200 rpm cut off and it runs really nice 35 psi.
on a side note, in about 2 months or so, Ill have a 850 rwhp TT P car... then I should compare both cars from a 30 mph roll....
check out the video...
http://djmarkski.com/backfire.mp4
I will fly out for that and if you want, I can drive the EVO!

I am changing my GT-42 on the EVO for another (a bit bigger) turbo, so if you are interested, give me a call and i'll give you the GT42. The GT35r is fun on the EVO, but once you try the 42, its another ball game (850AWHP+)...let me know...

BTW. How is the progress at Protomotive??

Old 02-22-2006, 03:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
I drove a gt42r evo8... its is very crazy..... but I opted to go with a 35r cause I need to drive around town.... thats all.... but the 42r does sound tempting.
the engine is out... awaiting apr head studs,etc. some fab was started last week.... I think Scott, 6speedonline member is getting his finishes by the 23rd.... an then its my turn. still deciding about the head work. I might go with gt3 heads since they r just bolt ons.... its really up to Todd and how he sees it. so Im waiting for things to play out.

click to view

Old 02-22-2006, 11:52 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Mark we def. need videos man haha.. Damm sucks to see your opinion stands with Evo being much quicker than your turbo, until the next stage for your turbo haha, but damm those Evo's can be no joke, so many times i just think wow i could have such a driveable car to track and to satisfy my power craze, but honestly the turbo is so much fun and such a well balanced car as well..

Old 02-22-2006, 11:53 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
All this Evo talk is getting me excited. Who's the Promotive of the Evo world? Is there any traction issues to deal with like the Viper TT. What 's there forum?

Old 02-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
In chicago a company called AMS.. they have a site called http://www.amsperformance.com/

click to view

Old 02-22-2006, 01:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
All this Evo talk is getting me excited. Who's the Promotive of the Evo world? Is there any traction issues to deal with like the Viper TT. What 's there forum?
Vince Mark is correct , check out there evo http://www.automotosports.com/Evo8_specs.asp

AMS's evo was murdering SC Z06's and so on at 640 AWHP, now there car just hit over 800 AWHP, made me want to buy one and do that package so badly but haha, just not worth it for me right now!

BTW check out www.streetfire.net/com and type in AMS, watch the videos

Old 02-24-2006, 02:00 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hesperus
here ya go...

the silver car is another original 993 GT2.

enjoy!

damn Dude,
can I borrow the 911 turbo when I go home?