996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997 gt3 brake master psm fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 06:51 AM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
may i also mention, the psm did work flawlessly where it was supposed to. I kept it on for most of the day, driving in light rain semi-dry track. Leaving apex coming to full throttle, there were times it kicked in to limit power and wheel spin appropriately. It also kicked in coming around corners a bit hot.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:03 AM
flewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond reputeflewis763 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jdexter
So I got on the track today at the glen. First half of the day, it was snowing. However it warmed up and the sun came out. My impressions are mixed. The feel of my brake pedal with the 997gt3 master is much improved, however psm seems to interfere in neutral throttle corners often. I eventually just turned it off and felt much happier that way. Overall I was a bit slower today on new r compounds than last year, but it's cold... tomorrow looks like rain/snow so I'll try again in May.
Originally Posted by jdexter
may i also mention, the psm did work flawlessly where it was supposed to. I kept it on for most of the day, driving in light rain semi-dry track. Leaving apex coming to full throttle, there were times it kicked in to limit power and wheel spin appropriately. It also kicked in coming around corners a bit hot.
Justin the psm interference will always happen if its turned on. This mood is just to allow you to keep the psm while using the larger master. You'll want to turn psm off on track and if you really want psm gone you'll still need to pull the plug on the psm pump to completely disable.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:42 AM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
Agreed. I was just noting that it felt a touch more intrusive, but with the r compounds and the wet are the likely source. Bottom line, no error codes, everything works as it should, upgraded master is a nice upgrade.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:59 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Great news, now I wonder if you reduced the pressure a tad more, would you actually be able to "adjust" the effect of the PSM for different conditions ? Soon as I have time to do this mod might hook a pressure transducer up to my system and check how it does with different bias/pressures, And of course if it will kick in at less pressure as well, it would be nice to know what the actual "cut off, throw code" pressure is

Old 04-29-2019, 09:14 AM
interesting idea, but if you change the pressure you are affecting brake bias as well. Right now the valve is set to limit the pressure in the smallest amount possible. Increasing the effect would decrease the flow, thus further decreasing the effectiveness of the rear brakes. Our cars are very front brake biased as they sit, so I would think that is a bad idea. That being said... tell me what you find.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:27 PM
Integral will become famous soon enough
just reviving this b/c i wanna do it myself...

where did you guys get the lines made? local hydraulic shops?

Old 07-26-2019, 06:59 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
I just make the lines myself, still in our race season so have not been able to do the mod yet

Old 09-16-2019, 10:44 AM
Integral will become famous soon enough
this mod is all it's cracked up to be...easy and amazing.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:41 AM
well lines made and all done, we shall see if it works with my psm plugged in now

Last edited by DERBOOST; 05-12-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Got it all bled, now if the rain would stop i'll give her a try, looks like about a 15% reduction would duplicate the 25.3mm, if it will operate on less than that, better yet.

Old 05-13-2020, 12:23 PM
Test done, finally ZERO ISSUES, it all works exactly as it should, probably around 7-10 % does the trick and the PSM functions flawlessly with no warning lights all is good !!

Old 03-20-2022, 04:45 PM
phil petrolhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DERBOOST
Test done, finally ZERO ISSUES, it all works exactly as it should, probably around 7-10 % does the trick and the PSM functions flawlessly with no warning lights all is good !!
how are you getting on with this mod? I’m presuming that by putting the valve on you are limiting the flow back to somewhere near where it was with the standard master cylinder, it just takes less pedal travel to get there because the cylinder is larger?

is the valve placed on a line that feeds both front and back? Or is it just to either front or back? Just wondering if it alters bias too.

thx!

Old 03-23-2022, 10:45 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Anybody have a set of lines made for this? I have a 997 GT3 master cylinder that I was planning to use in a 987 but never got around to using.