996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Stereo Help - Replace or Upgrade?

Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Yeah, like I said: "Nav" info would not be available...

Old 05-07-2019, 08:29 AM
gabbys is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Slider
Yeah, like I said: "Nav" info would not be available...
i hv no idea that what's nav info.
anyway those information are on screen like i said.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:21 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gabbys
oil consumption etc

you don't see oil consumption through the dash???

Old 05-07-2019, 10:34 AM
gabbys is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
you don't see oil consumption through the dash???

i usually put on the bar indicator on dash.
what's wrong with my personal choice of reading information which list on headunit please ?
it's just clean and tidy , and single din or bluetooth receiver mod are good enough for entertainment..

Old 05-07-2019, 04:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slider
I think you will find that most after-market head units put out more power and better sound than your current head unit. I replaced my HU first and was impressed with just that much of a swap. I eventually continued and replaced everything because it just kept getting better whenever I changed something..
Exactly - on an '02, you can use the OEM wiring, you just need to replace speakers, amp and head unit. I did it and the sound is incredible. I don't use my stereo all the time, but when I do it's fantastic....it's takes a little time for a full swap, but it's a simple conversion process. I used the OEM subwoofer enclosure and just replaced the OEM sub speakers with upgraded units. I mounted the amp and crossovers in the trunk and used a carpeted cover to regain good use of the trunk - lost about 4" of depth. Here are some ideas.....

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 05-07-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:56 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold

I'm really happy with my aftermarket system. I just replaced everything and the relocation of the A/C and pocket simply snapped right in. My first upgrade on the car.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:01 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Here is an idea to get big bass if you want like I do! Easy with old bose box reported and raised in the center with fiberglass and a reverse mounted high power 10" Alpine R series sub.

Bass is deep and can handle anything you throw at it. Just lifts out with the 2 seat clip studs removed.

No problem seeing out the back. I get lots of compliments on the sound. It can pound if you want it to.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:17 PM

The huge sub has to angle back a bit to allow enough air space and not to block your vision.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:06 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing!!!!