996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RIAL daytona race 19" wheels for 996 Turbo..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 09:12 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
RIAL daytona race 19" wheels for 996 Turbo..

anyone have experience with these wheels? Is it strong enough for 6 DEs a year?

Looks good and a friend was saying to check it out..

thanks.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:27 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Seen some pictures, they are decent not that bad!

You could find other wheels which are better ie Sportec, Hre, I forged

Old 03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
They look good. They are not expensive and they aren't that heavy either if I remember correctly. Quite great wheels...

...but I've heard people having some problems with those. They don't seem to be the strongest ones in the market (of course in the days of ultra low profile tires, wheels get bent easily and I don't know how careful the owners been with pot holes etc...)

btw. 19" isn't the 1st choice for DEs, at the moment it's much easier to buy nice 18" Pilot Cups or PZero Corsas for street/track use.

Anyway, if you get a good deal go and buy and try imho! Nice wheels and NOT a bad price!

Old 03-06-2006, 10:22 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
thanks guys, reading the other thread I think the best bet is to use these 19"s for looks only.. and my stock 18"s for DEs :-) Waiting for tax return then lol

Old 03-06-2006, 03:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
thanks guys, reading the other thread I think the best bet is to use these 19"s for looks only.. and my stock 18"s for DEs :-) Waiting for tax return then lol
Hmm very goodlooking wheel indeed, im liking them. Very BBS LM like, i just dont want to be looked as cheap if i were to get them or as a replica BBS wheel LOL, ive had tons and tons of highend wheels, nothing can beat the quality and strength of the BBS wheels.

Does anyone have pics of this wheel on a turbo? I searched but couldnt find any

EDIT: They dont look too good on the turbo :/

EDIT x2!!

I saw this car in the porsche magazines and LOVED these wheels, had no idea it was RIAL, these look so damm hot?!?

Last edited by iLLM3; 03-06-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
iLL, what's up man
Have to agree, they don't look as good with the silver centers. Gunmetal/black or something is a better option.
These sold in ebay.de for about 1300 euros:

Old 03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kaizu
iLL, what's up man
Have to agree, they don't look as good with the silver centers. Gunmetal/black or something is a better option.
These sold in ebay.de for about 1300 euros:
Wowwwwww i must say those are GORGEOUS.. I want them haha

Old 03-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Tirerack is seling tham at $1800 a set, For that price, you can't find many quarity wheels to compare for TTfitment. It look beautiful in darker center and I love the step lips!!!

Old 03-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ray
Tirerack is seling tham at $1800 a set, For that price, you can't find many quarity wheels to compare for TTfitment. It look beautiful in darker center and I love the step lips!!!
So i guess since they claim they are "race" series wheels, they are lightweight and strong, depending on conditions of course with their strength!

Hmm they are very, very nice wheels in the gunmetal and black center, that gunmetal center though is a 20" wheel and only 10.5 in the back, i think that's also why it looks good because the wheel is larger opposed to the compressed spoke look on the other turbo's i posted, oh well!

Old 03-09-2006, 11:06 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
We just started carrying them and still have them on the way, so getting true weights won't happen until we get them in. Expect rear wheels in the 25-30 lb. range. Rial as a company has been in business for over 30 years and incorporates some of the best technology in the industry. You'd be surprised to see the list of who they build wheels for. Overall the wheels are very good quality. They have to be or we are not going to carry them. These look surprisingly close to the LM, weigh pretty close, and are less than half the price. Please check out their websight at www.rial.de and give me a call to order if interested.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 03-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
We just started carrying them and still have them on the way, so getting true weights won't happen until we get them in. Expect rear wheels in the 25-30 lb. range. Rial as a company has been in business for over 30 years and incorporates some of the best technology in the industry. You'd be surprised to see the list of who they build wheels for. Overall the wheels are very good quality. They have to be or we are not going to carry them. These look surprisingly close to the LM, weigh pretty close, and are less than half the price. Please check out their websight at www.rial.de and give me a call to order if interested.
Will do man, im not a fan of the silver center shown on those porsche, just saw them on an M3 and fell in love with them, but they're 20's. Anyway im doing a whole custom color setup on them if i do go with them

Old 03-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
it looks killer on that M3

Old 03-09-2006, 12:54 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ray
it looks killer on that M3

I agree...

Old 03-09-2006, 01:14 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. It sure does. Gonna have to share those pics with some guys here.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 03-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
Wow. It sure does. Gonna have to share those pics with some guys here.
Yea man i wasnt thrilled about the wheels on all of the other pics except for the black 996tt with gunmetal centers, and on that M3 the wheels look like a million bucks, i love them!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RIAL daytona race 19" wheels for 996 Turbo..