996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The Verdict is in on Foriegn Affairs!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 04:55 PM
mt3ch is infamous around these parts
Ill take Jeru's word over FA's word any day of the week. This type of thing is common especially since my BMW friends have had similar experiences, but not quite over $2000. To all that wish to get their car serviced, by all means, try FA out and make sure to post your feedback so that this type of thing hopefully becomes a thing of the past.

Meanwhile, its been almost a full year, and my Dinan BI-XENON bracket has still not arrived. Im sure my invoice is sitting in some office, but oh well Im just a small fry that needed a $40 part.

Old 12-24-2003, 04:59 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I believe Jeru needs to read FA's response, talk to his referal and tender a response.

Old 12-24-2003, 05:36 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
It is in the works

Jason himself is typing the reply as we speak.

Old 12-24-2003, 06:55 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mt3ch
Ill take Jeru's word over FA's word any day of the week. This type of thing is common especially since my BMW friends have had similar experiences, but not quite over $2000. To all that wish to get their car serviced, by all means, try FA out and make sure to post your feedback so that this type of thing hopefully becomes a thing of the past.

Meanwhile, its been almost a full year, and my Dinan BI-XENON bracket has still not arrived. Im sure my invoice is sitting in some office, but oh well Im just a small fry that needed a $40 part.
Hey,
you still got time to put an order in to Santa....
Happy Holidays My man... Where the Hell is your video?

Old 12-24-2003, 08:03 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Bob: Please accept this "discussion" as a necessary part of business. We (the intelligent board members) do not make snap decisions. As I said, you have been straight up with me and offered excellent prices, the best I could find. Your response sounded good, now let's hear Jason's rebuttal.

No final judgements yet, still watching.

Old 12-27-2003, 09:14 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Well I took a while because of the Holidays but here is Jasons response

Written by Jason, I have not altered it or changed it in any way.
Before anyone come's to Bob's defence you should read this.

Let me start of by saying that this whole thing is a bunch of bull**** lies! Yes, I brought the car there for the check engine light, and yes I told them to change the oil filter and the pollen filter, and balance front tires. When they put the car on the lift we noticed that a plastic cover was ripped in half. We went inside and Bob said it would 200.00 to 300.00 to fix the problem and do the rest of the non educational work that was mentioned. As a few days went by I called to check on status of my wife's car. They said they were waiting for a part and it would be done by Friday. Now if you look at Bobs reference #5 and #6 you will start to see where the Florida starts! It says that Jason OK'd $547.18 of repairs but the next paragraph states the approved amount is $1,045.34, so which one is it! I was never called and told that the work was going to be that much. I called them and was told the bill would be around $400. to $500 max. Never was I told the amount of $1,045.34 until I asked how much I had to give to my wife to pick up her car. That's when I blew up because that's bull****, when you do work on someone's car and the bill goes from $200 to $300 to over a $1000.00 dollars without any knowledge or any OK, they never called me on that, and I never approved that kind of price. Paragraph 7 says lets keep facts correct. Number one her car had over that even number of 44,000 miles on it and she only drove it for about a week after the repairs, because I was away for 2 weeks and she was driving my truck. Oh by the way, I never said I was friends with anybody and I do not go on 6speed.com to get any kind of discount from them I simply said that when you do work and you tell someone one price and they get bill for almost triple without any knowledge that's bull****! I think their problem is when you have a Porsche cliental you normally deal with people with a little extra change in their pockets if you know what I mean. I am not saying that your not in business not to make money but not to take advantage of people either. Well, back to story because this would have never hit the air waves if this second problem did not occur. The check engine light came on again so we dropped the car of at Foreign Affairs. I called Mark the next day and he said they will try blowing out the lines to the valves and it would run about $40.00 dollars, so I said no problem. Now remember this car was brought back for the same problem with check engine light so the cost is $40.00 for warranty work. Next I get a phone call saying that the computer was bad and vacuum canister had to be replaced for a cost of about $2800.00. I told Mark not to do anything because I would rather get new car then spend it on this one. I told Mark that my wife would come there to pay for bill and leave car outside for us to pick up later, he said no problem the bill would be $40.00 and that was it. Around 5:30 my wife got there and was handed a bill for almost $400.00. My wife knew that the bill was only $40.00 so she called me that second. I called the store and said to Mark that you only told me it $40.00 and now its almost $400.00, you already did this to me the first time and its not happening again. They actually tried bargaining with my wife on the bill from almost 400 bucks to being told "Get her out of here" with no bill from Bob. That was that! I took her car to JCM performance in Ft. Lauderdale where I know John the owner for about 10 years and that's were I should have taken it in the first place but I listened to my friend instead. After John plugged his computer into the car he told me that there was nothing wrong with this car and probably had nothing wrong with it previously. So how can they tell me it needed a new ECU and new vacuum canister for a cost of $3000.00 when there is nothing wrong at all! Now you can see where I am coming from!

Old 12-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
As an automoblie dealer myself, I find this thread totally nuts. One guy has a misunderstanding with a repair shop and both are made to look like *******s. First of all, the problem is with Jason (whoever he is) and Bob. Not 6speed members!!! Jeru, even though your intentions are to provide valuable infromation, it seems it would be best to let Jason fight his own battles. This is one of the main reasons I don't become a sponsor myself. I have seen some of the prices that are paid by people on the forum and I laugh. But to have one misunderstanding and then to be chopped apart on the forum by some friend of guy who likes to talk **** is totally unfair. One thing I always tell everyone in my organization is never to bad mouth another dealer/service dept. The customer will find out on their own. Bob, a sponsor of this forum, has been unfairly ridiculed and has lost a customer. Jason has spent alot of money and is not happy. They both are losers in this situation. It truly is a shame.

Craig

Last edited by Y65MPH; 12-27-2003 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:49 PM
tme
tme is infamous around these parts
It seems thre will be no winners here.............. thats unfortunate

Old 12-27-2003, 06:23 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: I am so angry right now!

Originally posted by ESK
Doug,

JAS doesn't need me to explain for him, but I think he was refering to some pricing he had difficulty getting from F/A.

I had a similar experience with F/A. On 3 separate occassions I tried to get information/pricing on the TT Aerokit and some CF parts - I never got one phone call back! Told me all I needed to know, except that I never should have called after the second time!

Eric
Exactly Eric, I got bad service and I dont beg people to take my business, they want it they have to earn it, Doug seems to think its nothing I am going on, but to me bad service is crutial, in my business service is everything, bad service and the client will go elsewhere.

Old 12-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Y65MPH
Jeru, even though your intentions are to provide valuable infromation, it seems it would be best to let Jason fight his own battles. Craig
My problem is the fact that referals reflect directly on me. I am not fighting Jasons battle for him. That is one the points of a Porsche board. To relay experiences with service and parts suppliers,. good or bad. I also know alot of members personaly, therfore I feel it is my duty to inform them and others so they don't get burned as well. Obviously I believe my friend and his wife about the accounts that took place. I do not plan to go on a mission to destroy someones business here, but if someone asks me where to get work done I will simply send them elsewhere.

A perfect example was a few nights ago after this incident took place a yellow C2 pulled up to me at my local gas station and the owner asked me where he could get his car lowered like mine and I replied "Champion".