996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ferodo pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 08:10 AM
gneypiks will become famous soon enoughgneypiks will become famous soon enough
Ferodo pads

anyone tried these pads?pls share your comments.Thanks.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:48 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Hard to beat the pagid orange for the street or track. So cant be much more help. What are you looking for the pad to do that the OEM one doesnt? Less dust or better performance??

Old 05-21-2006, 11:02 PM
I just have these installed for the tracks.,the stopping grip is like day n nite compared with oem pads.The gripe i have is the unbearable squealing sound when coming to a stop.Not to mention the brake dust that seem to appear instantaneously.Since you are using Pagid,how is it compared to the characteristics of Ferodo that i just shared.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:06 PM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
...Oh dont even get me started with that devil called brake dust.... f*cking cant stand it!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Alex,what pads are you using?

Old 05-22-2006, 01:12 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
The pagid orange are a very good pad at the track when bedded in properly. The brake dust is no more than expected and not really any more than the OEM and certainly not less.
As for the noise that everyone talks about. If the pads are bedded in I drive my car to work with them and they really do not make that much if any noise. Certainly not enough to keep changing pads back and forth between track events.
The other worry people had was braking when the pads are cold. Again, I feel no difference on the street when the pads are cold they still stop fine.

So, for me overall the pagids are far superior at the track and are still fine for everyday driving. As for brake dust it is not a problem especially if you wipe your wheels down after each drive like I do....it takes 5 minutes.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks Tom for your insight!!

Old 05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Good luck!!!!