996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Professional Photo Shoot of KPV and Sean

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 02:42 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
BABY Pictures

Well, not quite BABY pictures. Maybe baby pictures with a small “b”.
This Christmas, I was searching for a present for my sister and her husband. They have a new baby boy, which makes me an Uncle as well as Godfather. In my search for a present, I came up with the idea of a professional photo shoot for their family. I did some searching and found a professional photographer in Whippany, New Jersey with some promise. Now this guy was not some ordinary mall storefront type. His name is Michael Wolfe and he goes by the name “Wolfy”. He got his big break photographing New York models. Well, one thing led to another and he set up shop in Whippany to service many different client needs. In comes KPV!! And what a need I had!!!
I looked through his portfolio and saw some photos of a Model T Ford, a Ferrari and others of motorcycles and decided I had to try him out. Thanks Fred! This is all your fault!!!

Call to Sean……
“Sean, I found this photographer with a studio built in a warehouse in an industrial park and I wanted to know, (pause)”
And before I could finish.
“Ok Ken, I am in!” said Sean

That is just like Sean, always up for anything and very reliable. I really like that about him.

So we make an appointment and show up Tuesday morning for what will turn out to be a full day of photo shooting.

I had my new Sony digital on hand to get some of my own shots but learned VERY QUICKLY that I couldn’t take pictures with a flash. Every time I took a photo, the studio flashes would fire. OOPS!! Sorry ‘bout that Wolfe.

I had to resolve myself to taking shots without a flash. Now anybody that knows anything at all about photography knows that if you require slower than a 1/60 second shutter speed to get a proper exposure your chances for a clear shot decreases dramatically. Well, I was shooting with a 2 sec shutter speed at times and I must say, I did pretty damn good holding that camera steady WITHOUT A TRIPOD. I typically braced myself against something immoveable to lessen my chances of a blurred image. So, please keep the above in mind when viewing the following:

The proofs should be ready in about 7 to 10 days and we will decide on the chosen few at that time.

If you are interested in contacting him for your own needs, his info is below:
http://www.michaelwolfstudio.com/index.htm

Old 01-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
WOW!!!! great shots, and those aren't even the "professional" ones!

DO you have them posted anywhere in hi-res original size? Those would make excellent wallpapers!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 01-14-2004, 02:55 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Looking good Ken!!
I am gonna send you the bill for that hood...I am in love with it!!!
I really think you should try and do silver mesh behind that GT2 nose....Also, there has to b a way to conceal those antennas!!
A pair of silvervisions would be a nice finishing touch....

Old 01-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Sean is on a distinguished road
Re: BABY Pictures

Originally posted by KPV

You're a star Ken...thx for orchestrating the shoot. Can't wait to see the finish product.

Old 01-14-2004, 03:09 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like you got the front nose lip painted...Fast work...great job with those photo's at the sloooow shutter speed. Can't wait to see the pro's pix...

Old 01-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Very nice pictures!

Old 01-14-2004, 03:51 PM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Ken, it seems like it's been a while since I said I hate you so ...

I hate you!

Old 01-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Andrew708
told ya ken

Hey Ken...I told you my word is my bond!!!!Car's look great...Can't wait to see the pics in person........

Old 01-14-2004, 04:33 PM
jcramair1 is on a distinguished road
Ken Excellent pics and I am sure that even those fine pictures do not do your car Justice. Both cars look awesome side by side. Maybe we should do some Black and White ....

Old 01-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice... I cant wait for the pics.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:40 PM
tme
tme will become famous soon enough
ssswwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt

Old 01-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Rodis is on a distinguished road
Ken,
Great pics. Did you photoshop the nose and wheels in the last few pics or is that a 2nd set?
Ron

Old 01-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Rodis is on a distinguished road
My bad, thats another car. Ooops

Old 01-15-2004, 08:03 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ken the cars look absolutely stunning - thanks for sharing - especailly yours - ohhhh man do i love that hood - great job guys

Old 01-15-2004, 10:14 AM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
Ken;
The cars look great!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Professional Photo Shoot of KPV and Sean