996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TechArt Bumper & GT2 Wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
angldrkns9,

The ride looks great.

How would you rate your experience with RPM Racing?

Thanks.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:35 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
RPM racing is great! but for this job, they acutally had the bodyshop (who is not affilated with RPM racing) next to them do all the work (fitment/install and paint)... the bodyshop kept on delaying the time the car would be ready... they said wednesday.. then became friday.. then became next tuesday.. then next thursday.. then finally next friday... hehe.. i guess it's like that with fitment and paint.. you don't really know what problems you'll run into... honestly, the color match was 95% (not perfect)... but they did give me a good price =)

Old 09-11-2006, 12:37 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yes its painted black, lower lip too. I have to get mine repainted from rock chips, from normal driving and so on you don't really have to worry, but when I went on the exotic run we were going all out, I was behind gt2 and supra with slicks, my ar got so chipped up on those black parts. I suggest clearcoating them!!
which exotic run did you go too. yoooo i need to go on one of thoes.. even though my car would be crazzzyyyy slow.. hehe..

i raced a bently contental GT with dealer plates today on 295 today... i wasn't able to pull on him... so sad =( this is where an additonal 100-300 hp would have helped...

Old 09-12-2006, 01:01 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
for the front bumper fitment, where the bumper meets the body near the side (where the light is), the bumper is not 100% completely flush with the body... this is true with both sides..
My paint guy (bodyshop) had to do some "fitting" and this one done before paint...so mine fits perfect.

There is a plastic piece you can get that fits under the front and it will help prevent damage on "hits". It cost like $120...not bad.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Me_qwkr will become famous soon enough
hey nice job... looks pimp...

Old 09-12-2006, 03:43 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
which exotic run did you go too. yoooo i need to go on one of thoes.. even though my car would be crazzzyyyy slow.. hehe..

i raced a bently contental GT with dealer plates today on 295 today... i wasn't able to pull on him... so sad =( this is where an additonal 100-300 hp would have helped...
Went on the Ferrari Chat exotic run, over 80+ cars, it was nuts. I will keep you updated for the Part 2 of it, in october!

BTW Wross, where cna you buy the original techart lip pieces??

Old 09-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Techart front bumper had some fitting issues as well. the side markers are almost perfect but not all the way.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Thumbs up

omg.. i did some aggressive driving to six flags nj this weekend... passed some people on the break down lane, had some fun with a lamborghini.... and guess what... i took a close look at my bumper tonight and i have like 5 rock chips already... all about the size of a few pencil dots put together... is that from the paint quality or does this always happen? i hate how when the original bumper was white and now the white is starting to show thru... what can i do to help this? martin, you have this problem too on your bumper?

and statman.. i have the lower piece (it came with the bumper) and that is the piece that is getting destroyed.. i already grounded up 3 times in 4 days..

btw.. i think i need a new car cover... my old one doesn't seem to want to fit anymore. haha

Last edited by angldrkns9; 12-08-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:03 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Yo man, my black lip is constantly getting chipped up, im slammed but never bottom out too, where in teh hell ar eyou driving LOL, im use to low cars though! But my front lip looks like splattered white paint was on it, and after last exotic run i have tons of chips too I might have ot make a call, but i believe its just normal

Old 09-13-2006, 02:00 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
omg.. i did some aggressive driving to six flags nj this weekend... passed some people on the break down lane, had some fun with a lamborghini.... and guess what... i took a close look at my bumper tonight and i have like 5 rock chips already... all about the size of a few pencil dots put together... is that from the paint quality or does this always happen? i hate how when the original bumper was white and now the white is starting to show thru... what can i do to help this? martin, you have this problem too on your bumper?
Your paint guy can put additives in the paint to soften it and reduce the effect of rock chips...of course no way to get rid of them...just plan on re-paint now and then or succumb to the "cover it in plastc" idea with a clear bra. I use clear shelf liner at the track to reduce wear and tear.

and statman.. i have the lower piece (it came with the bumper) and that is the piece that is getting destroyed.. i already grounded up 3 times in 4 days..
There are several different parts that will fit on the GTS Type 2 front end....there is the OEM CF piece which is very low and breaks quickly, there is another plastic piece which is not low at all and still helps prevent damage. I did not see either of those in your pictures.

ILLM3...you can get OEM TechArt pieces from Arling @ Lucent, CEC or Eurorev (there may be others as well).

Old 09-13-2006, 02:35 PM
hey statman... the plastic piece.. can i mount that to a replica techart bumper?

the replica techart actually has a little black piece of fiberglass that runs across the front bottom lip... i think the bodyshop had to attach that piece onto the bumper (not sure though, saw some screws)... hm... a plastic piece would be nice... too bad my black fiberglass piece is already beaten up... hahah...

Old 09-13-2006, 02:42 PM
hey statman... the plastic piece.. can i mount that to a replica techart bumper?
the replica techart actually has a little black piece of fiberglass that runs across the front bottom lip... i think the bodyshop had to attach that piece onto the bumper (not sure though, saw some screws)... hm... a plastic piece would be nice... too bad my black fiberglass piece is already beaten up... hahah...
Sorry, I don't know about the replica. If I were home I would shoot you some pics...there is a pattern of screws that hold on both the CF and the plastic piece on a TechArt bumper. I think there are 8-10 screws. The plastic is much more robust to hits, looks fine, Here:

Last edited by wross996TT; 10-21-2006 at 10:44 AM.