996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TechArt Bumper & GT2 Wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 02:45 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Smile TechArt Bumper & GT2 Wing

After a really long time of waiting (delayed the finish date 4 times), I finally got my car back today! I also had the shop paint my bumperettes and black plastic trims under the sides of the car..

the replica techart bumper fitment is okay, not perfect
the mashaw gt2 wing fitment was okay, again not perfect

total bill from bodyshop including new interstate battery (since the shop killed my battery by leaving the radio on) $1500

next mod: posche techequipment SSK, already ordered from brandywine, i think tom no longer works there.. =( $260 shipped

you guys wouldn't believe it but.... when driving in the city today with my new bumper, freaking ran into this HUGE hole in the ground... i heard some serious scratching... went outside to see the damage... the black paint on the front lip came off along with some of the fiberglass... ahhhh... i guess i'm going to have to go find some black touchup paint or something...

Last edited by angldrkns9; 12-08-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:05 AM
davidTT is on a distinguished road
beautiful car, in the pictures, it looks like those fit pretty well?

Old 09-10-2006, 03:12 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Jason finally man hah jk! We should have met up :/ Anyway came out real good, fitment looks good, I'm sure they knew how to get around it from mine, your lucky but mine is spot on, congrats again BTW, how much was the wing???

Old 09-10-2006, 04:24 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Looking good Jason, I've told you I will make you an avatar. Hope you like it!

Any close up pic of the brake cooling duct?

Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
awsome!!!!! thanks for the avatar!!!!

martin, the wing came out $3400 from mike at MA shaw (top wing CF) but the one for the turbo is less, he charged me more because it was made especially for a 4S. you might want to take a look at mine before you order it... there were a few problems that i had... like, mike at MA shaw seem to have oversprayed it when paiting the bottom of the CF wing black and the paint got a little on the top (the rough feel) and also the decklid fit well on the car but there is still a gap. call me up and you can take a look at the wing in person..

for the front bumper fitment, where the bumper meets the body near the side (where the light is), the bumper is not 100% completely flush with the body... this is true with both sides.. i attached some closeups on the pictures.. the bodyshop guy told me this bumper already fitted extremely well for aftermarket bumpers, but still not as good as OEM of course...

for the brake cooling ducts, i just went to hope depot and bought some rings that fit in the hole. rpm racing had the rings powder coated and glued on.. hehe.. $25 look =)

Last edited by angldrkns9; 12-08-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
looks so good

Old 09-10-2006, 01:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Damm Jason wtf, my corner lights are totally flush, that's weird :/That wing is damm expensive, I've heard of MA Shaw fitment issues and didn't realize you ordered it or else I would have told you about them. Overall it came out great man

Old 09-10-2006, 03:13 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 will become famous soon enough
It looks good, especially with the o-ring on the brake duct. MY TA (real) bumper doesn't flush either at the corner lights, I think that's how it is.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by RT7
It looks good, especially with the o-ring on the brake duct. MY TA (real) bumper doesn't flush either at the corner lights, I think that's how it is.
Like I said, that's extremely odd. My bumper if you take your hand flat and go down from fender over the corner light to the bumper is flat and smooth, no gaps or anything either?!

Old 09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
hey guys, i have a question, for the TA style front bumper, you guys painted the upper grill black or?

Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by davidTT
hey guys, i have a question, for the TA style front bumper, you guys painted the upper grill black or?
Yes its painted black, lower lip too. I have to get mine repainted from rock chips, from normal driving and so on you don't really have to worry, but when I went on the exotic run we were going all out, I was behind gt2 and supra with slicks, my ar got so chipped up on those black parts. I suggest clearcoating them!!

Old 09-10-2006, 07:02 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by davidTT
The grill that I have is a black plastic, thus, no need for painting. Right now, I have the carbon fibre piece with clear coat.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by RT7
The grill that I have is a black plastic, thus, no need for painting. Right now, I have the carbon fibre piece with clear coat.
Do you still have it, how much is it?!?

Old 09-10-2006, 08:02 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Love your wheels, dont change them!

Old 09-10-2006, 08:05 PM
thanks for the info, guys

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt Bumper & GT2 Wing