996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video of Tire Blowout at 150mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:59 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Video of Tire Blowout at 150mph

Truly scary.....

Video

Old 11-03-2006, 09:13 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
me scaret !!!! will hit those speeds fri.. well maybe not...

Old 11-03-2006, 09:41 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Ouch,makes ya think twice about 60-130mph roll ons.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Very violent

Christian

Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
OMGOSH! Doode his wind shield came off?! Wow, glad he's okay. Physically at least....

Old 11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Makes me want to check my tires religiously

Old 11-03-2006, 10:11 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
"Blowout"......I wonder if they were street tires.

If so, that's probably a good thing cause going sideways at over 100, not a good scenario.....take a few spins to a roll anyday.
Notice how on 1st view it's tough to count the number of spins......I can tell you that when she stopped, he had no idea how many times he'd gone around either

Last edited by GreggT; 11-03-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:34 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Yikes! Me likes new tires!

Old 11-03-2006, 10:48 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
It appears the car almost flipped....watch closely

I would be most worried about losing my green xmas tree air freshner!

Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 PM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
Man, I'd be pissed. The windshield popping out would have taken my radar detector with it.

I was heading over the grapevine once in my old SLK with the top down.
I pulled right alongside a truck and it's freakin tire blew out. I was showered with bits of rubber and stunned by the noise. I thought I'd been shot with a shotgun.

I'm really amazed this guy kept it together, it was definitely touch and go there for a while.

Amazing vid.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:30 PM
jay_ftw will become famous soon enough
When I was pulled over the other day doing 120mph, the officer would not stop telling me that if I had a blow out at that speed my car would roll at least 10 times.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:02 AM
egbert is on a distinguished road
a lot of lateral G there-hopefully it wouldn't be so violent in a straight line.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:06 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
The driver didn't even stall it...impressive.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
Losing a tire on a banked oval is a very different thing than losing one on the highway, even at high speeds like that. The tire loads are immense, especially on the outside rubber.

Road courses and the like are typically much more forgiving to street rubber. I wouldn't go on an oval without race tires.

Old 11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Did he hit the wall? It's hard to tell...

Jeremy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video of Tire Blowout at 150mph