996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What would you pay for a new 2003 Turbo Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 12:11 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
What would you pay for a new 2003 Turbo Coupe?

I have been tossing around the idea of getting an 04 turbo in light of a new one not being available until like 2008. I have been hard pressed to find one, and the ones I do find the dealers won't move much on price. What do you guys think about a new 2003? I paid $11k under list when I bought my 2003 in May. They can't possibly be over $11k off, can they? What price and what are your thoughts? Thanks

Lou

Old 02-13-2004, 04:42 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
You've lost me. You have a 2003 and want a new 2004 or 2003?

Old 02-13-2004, 09:08 AM
AeroTT is on a distinguished road
Im a little confused also?

Old 02-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
i think he wants to get a newer one with no miles....

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 02-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
I got 12 k off mine, and that was only 2 k over invoice, so I guess you got a good deal.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:17 AM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by mehrabani1
I got 12 k off mine, and that was only 2 k over invoice, so I guess you got a good deal.
Thats a very good deal, I dont think any dealers will discount an 04 near that, production is very limited in the coupe.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:25 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Lou:

I got $6,500 off a new ’04 that I specced in November, April build. This was not easy to get and I think it will be almost impossible to cut a similar deal now because there are almost no build dates still available. You should be able to get that on a ’04 on the floor if you’re lucky.

The bigger question is why bother since the ’04 and the ’03 are so similar.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Banned
Originally posted by JASCLASS
Thats a very good deal, I dont think any dealers will discount an 04 near that, production is very limited in the coupe.
Yeah, it took me a few months to find the kind of a deal that I wanted, and when it came, I got it

Old 02-13-2004, 11:30 AM
mehrabani1 , I got $11 off an '03, but fat chance on an '04.

Old 02-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Banned
Originally posted by ColorChange
mehrabani1 , I got $11 off an '03, but fat chance on an '04.
Yeah, I agree, almost impossible I would argue.

Old 02-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
I say there's no way Porsche waits until '08 for teh 997 turbo - the only reason there was a delay in the 996 turbo is because it was a new engine (cooling system). Cayenne was launched with N/A and turbo simultaneously, and the new sedan coming out seems to be launching with n/a V6, n/a V8, and turbo V8 - simultaneously. I bet turbo comes out the same time or within 6 months of the 997's initial launch - there's no reason for it NOT to, as the body isn't undergoing a major rehaul.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:07 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by lee2375
i think he wants to get a newer one with no miles....
That is exactly what I want. Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to explain that I have heard that Porsche will not build a 997 turbo, but rather wait until the 998 comes out and then build a turbo. I heard like 2008 or something. Anyway, I want to start over have zero miles so it will carry me to the next gen turbo and/or M6?

Lou

Old 02-13-2004, 01:12 PM
LSM
Originally posted by teutonictrio
I say there's no way Porsche waits until '08 for teh 997 turbo - the only reason there was a delay in the 996 turbo is because it was a new engine (cooling system). Cayenne was launched with N/A and turbo simultaneously, and the new sedan coming out seems to be launching with n/a V6, n/a V8, and turbo V8 - simultaneously. I bet turbo comes out the same time or within 6 months of the 997's initial launch - there's no reason for it NOT to, as the body isn't undergoing a major rehaul.
I heard it from a friend who heard it directly from a fairly high up Porsche employee. Don't know, I thought the same thing until I was told they will not??

Lou

Old 02-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Dang, sounds like you almost have Watt’s disease. Hey, if you want a new '04 tt coupe, it is going to be hard to find one. Try getting your local dealer to see if any are even available. They are supposed to go back into production in April and you might be able to find some floor models in May time frame, but the selection will not be large and discounts are likely to be small. I have heard they are cutting production to make sure that the pricing does not carter because they have the new 997 coming soon. 997tt? Who knows when.

Old 02-13-2004, 01:19 PM
laj_c4s is on a distinguished road
Lou,
how many miles do you currently have on your '03 ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What would you pay for a new 2003 Turbo Coupe?