996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What cars can beat a 996 Twin Turbo with Stage IV?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Yes, i overexaggerated with the close comment, but the Murci is still a couple of mph faster through the 1/4 than the Gt2. And the Road and Track test of the Murci was on a slippery track. They noted it would have been faster.

Old 02-29-2004, 07:29 PM
DropGems is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by allanlambo
Yes, i overexaggerated with the close comment, but the Murci is still a couple of mph faster through the 1/4 than the Gt2. And the Road and Track test of the Murci was on a slippery track. They noted it would have been faster.
Agreed, the 123mph is impressive.

Old 02-29-2004, 07:36 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Trouble is, the stock numbers are somewhat useless, at least for most of us on this board. Talk about how much it costs to modify and what you get for your money.

If you really take your car to a real strip I bet there will be some real dissappointing faces if you really believe some of the quarter mile times I see being thrown out above. Why is it when I go to a strip no one's car is ever running right or something is wrong with the track conditions?

Last edited by cjv; 02-29-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:55 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Ill wear the headgear and vest, and ill also be the one coming back from the trip.
Yes, you will in an 8 foot pine box

Old 02-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Banned
Originally posted by cjv
Trouble is, the stock numbers are somewhat useless, at least for most of us on this board. Talk about how much it costs to modify and what you get for your money.

If you really take your car to a real strip I bet there will be some real dissappointing faces if you really believe some of the quarter mile times I see being thrown out above. Why is it when I go to a strip no one's car is ever running right or something is wrong with the track conditions?
I agree, stock numbers are useless for most, as most of us dont keep anything stock. But i have seen some very impressive numbers come from stock Porsches and Lambos. At Bradington, in Florida, my buddy ran a 12.0@ 113mph in a bone stock 993TT, an 11.9@117 in an 02 X-50, and an 11.70@123 in a 98 Monterey Diablo Sv.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:16 PM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Wow really? Everyone should sell their Porsche and buy a lambo!

Old 02-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
The Murci is a pig... 4000 lbs. of sheer mass and ****ty handling. Yep that's Lamborghini "engineering." The Gallardo is actually the better car.

Anything can be made or modded to go fast. But that is not balanced performance.

Old 03-01-2004, 04:03 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Thats driver my friend. If you honestly think a X-50 could really give any Diablo the jump and a 3 second lead, catch and pass it, youre smoking some serious crack.

I raced a yellow x-50 in my Sv several times in Scottsdale, from all sorts of speeds. My car had exhaust at the time. From 30-to 150mph i was ahead by about 7-8 car lengths.

My Buddy in South Fl had an 01 TT with several mods, chips, exhaust etc, and the same results in my 92 Diablo with exhaust.
I was there, you werent?

the driver of the lambo had it from new. Knew the car inside and out. Driver error was not a factor

all the best
adam

Old 03-01-2004, 06:47 AM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by AdamT
I was there, you werent?

the driver of the lambo had it from new. Knew the car inside and out. Driver error was not a factor

all the best
adam
Adam,

Whenever '98 Lambos dont run 0-60 in 2.0 secs and hit the 1/4 mile in 7.4 secs, our girl Ellen here knows for a fact and in fact insists that it is because of driver error. Cuz we all know that he can hit ALL those times in his 1990 Diablo consistently.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:14 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by AeroTT
Adam,

Whenever '98 Lambos dont run 0-60 in 2.0 secs and hit the 1/4 mile in 7.4 secs, our girl Ellen here knows for a fact and in fact insists that it is because of driver error. Cuz we all know that he can hit ALL those times in his 1990 Diablo consistently.
Thats the vibe i was getting too

all the best
adam

Old 03-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Banned
Originally posted by AdamT
I was there, you werent?

all the best
adam
Yes, keep dreaming.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Banned
Originally posted by AeroTT
Adam,

Just remember a 1990 Diablo is still worth more than a new 996TT.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
We all know what a fine racing history Lamborghini has... of course they have to be the best sports cars too.

I think they were champions in the Formula Tractor circuit? That raging bull can plow a field faster than anything...

They have applied this tractor technology in developing their road cars. Hence the heavy feel and the lack of maneuvarability of the Diablo and Murci, you see, this is truly applied technology when your sports car feels like a tractor.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Hamann7
The Murci is a pig... 4000 lbs. of sheer mass and ****ty handling. Yep that's Lamborghini "engineering." The Gallardo is actually the better car.

Anything can be made or modded to go fast. But that is not balanced performance.
Murcie weighs 3800pds, and yes it is heavy, but get real, the same can be said for a Porsche 996TT, its half the size of the Murci and still weighs 3400+ pds. So i guess that makes it more of a pig.

Old 03-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Hamann7
We all know what a fine racing history Lamborghini has... of course they have to be the best sports cars too.

I think they were champions in the Formula Tractor circuit? That raging bull can plow a field faster than anything...

They have applied this tractor technology in developing their road cars. Hence the heavy feel and the lack of maneuvarability of the Diablo and Murci, you see, this is truly applied technology when your sports car feels like a tractor.
Well these tractor inspired sportscars are more highly desired than your race bred kraut wagon.

Oh and btw, if the Murci is such a pig, why does it post better Nurburgring and hockenheim times than your 996TT?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What cars can beat a 996 Twin Turbo with Stage IV?