996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf's Bahrain facility is coming along nicely!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
3 people from Sweden are coming. Arrive 10:th, leaving 14:th. Still have to book our flights, not easy.

I just booked the Gulf hotel. The other option was a_bit_over my budget...

Any suggetions on rental cars? Why is AVIS only a 1/3 of the price?

Looking forward to a small 6speed meeting. Who's coming?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:54 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
Any up dates regarding the opining of Ruf new facility in BH ?
I'm very much interested to attend ... any one else is confirmed ?

Old 01-29-2007, 05:05 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Erik
3 people from Sweden are coming. Arrive 10:th, leaving 14:th. Still have to book our flights, not easy.

I just booked the Gulf hotel. The other option was a_bit_over my budget...

Any suggetions on rental cars? Why is AVIS only a 1/3 of the price?

Looking forward to a small 6speed meeting. Who's coming?
Erik,

Do me a favor and send me a PM with a way to contact you when you're in Bahrain. I'm not so interested in seeing the facility, but I would like to meet some of you guys before I leave.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-29-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
I will be there for the Porsche Supercup race. Will be happy to meet the rest of you at the track or the facility..Scott, will PM you my new number although it might be dangerous to be seen around you there after this thread

Last edited by Jean; 01-29-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
LOL...I'm not anti-Bahraini, I'm just not happy with how some of them treat TCN's. Overall though, it's one of the nicest places I've been to in the middle-east.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-29-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
I know you don't, just pulling your leg It certainly ranks very high on the ME scale, but I need to show you around a bit some other places

Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Interesting thread. It says way more about member's attitudes, prejudice and jealousy than it does about the new facility.

It is obvious after reading this thread that Ruf and the Ruf Facility owner(s) are very bad businessmen, located the facility in a bad part of the world and probably don't have a clue as to what they are doing.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
... located the facility in a bad part of the world and probably don't have a clue as to what they are doing.
Why do you say that Chad? The location is excellent for business I would say.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:53 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Why do you say that Chad? The location is excellent for business I would say.
Jean,

........... I am being sarcastic (Making of agreeably worded but harshly intented remarks). In other words, I believe it to be a great place to put such a facility and I believe others (some, not all) to be prejudice and jealous for saying some of the things they are saying.

Last edited by cjv; 01-29-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Interesting thread. It says way more about member's attitudes, prejudice and jealousy than it does about the new facility.
Who exactly are referring to...that you consider to be prejudiced and jealous?

Old 01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Who exactly are referring to...that you consider to be prejudiced and jealous?
Oh Boy, here we go. I have recently read all the pages of this thread. Who do you believe I am refering to? If it makes you feel any better, and you can't figure it out for yourself (which I know you can) , you are not one of them I was refering to. In one of my above posts I specificly said "others (some not all)." This is evidenced by the fact, your post provided first hand information (in the presence tense), which has good credibility. I found it commendable that you honestly stated your views, however, I questioned (in my mind) that if what you saw revolted you so much why would you continue to work there? I happen to agree with your views on the subject you tackled. I have been around the world enough to know that it happens in many places. Some more so than others. Can we just pick on one country if we are not willing to do something about it? I guess I viewed this thread as being about the new Ruf facility and instead of being about the "facility" it spun into many other issues unrelated to the facility. Issues that tended to disparage both Ruf and Ruf's investor. None of the above is intended to be a personel attck.

Last edited by cjv; 01-29-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:10 PM
CJV, English is not even my 3rd language, I sometimes don't pick up subtilities..Gotcha now
I hope we do not need a moderator to moderate between moderators, take it easy guys. Peace.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Oh Boy, here we go. I have recently read all the pages of this thread? Who do you believe them to be? If it makes you feel any better, and you can't figure it out for yourself (which I know you can), you are not one of them.
I had assumed you aren't talking about me, but I wanted to make sure you hadn't mis-read anything I had written. Thanks for the clarification.

This is evidenced by the fact, your post provided first hand information (in the presence tense). I found it commendable that you honestly stated your views, however, I questioned that if what you saw revolted you so much why would you continue to work there?
I'm active duty military. Navy SpecOps (hence the name "dive extreme" Been in for 17 years now. As you can probably guess, I don't choose where I work, I work where I'm told.

Fortunately, I get to come home and be with my family in March (and play with my car), and then I'm off to Iraq for 6 months in the summer.

I've seen FAR worse places than Bahrain in my time...but I still hate to see such a large deficit between the rich and the poor like what exists here, coupled with such blatent disdain for foreign laborers. It truly saddens me.

But you're absolutely right...we (the US government) are bed with Bahrain, and we aren't saying a thing about what goes on.

I apologize for adding to the threadjack, and I hope to meet some of the other 6speed members when they are in town (especially you, Jean. ).

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 01-29-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jean
I hope we do not need a moderator to moderate between moderators, take it easy guys. Peace.
Not at all. We're just talking.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:25 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I had assumed you aren't talking about me, but I wanted to make sure you hadn't mis-read anything I had written. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm active duty military. Navy SpecOps (hence the name "dive extreme" Been in for 17 years now. As you can probably guess, I don't choose where I work. I work where I'm told.

Fortunately, I get to come home and be with my family in March (and play with my car), and then I'm off to Iraq for 6 months in the summer.

I've seen FAR worse places than Bahrain in my time...but I still hate to see such a large deficit between the rich and the poor like what exists here, coupled with such blatent disdain for foreign laborers. It truly saddens me.

But you're absolutely right...we (the US government) are bed with Bahrain, and we aren't saying a thing about what goes on.

I apologize for the threadjack, and hope to meet some of the other 6speed members when they are in town (escpecially you, Jean).
We seem have more than a few things in common. Age probably not being one of them. I use to do alot of mixed gas (decompression) and rebreather diving myself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf's Bahrain facility is coming along nicely!