996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thanks Protomotive!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 06:17 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I didnt recommend or condone running enough air thru your stock motor to
run 9's, I am just saying it has already been done.
Protomotive tuned cars (what this thread started as) have set the standard
for Power starting with the first shootout in 2003 when Todd's car beat everyone's by a margin greater than all the competitors combined. The new
stock internal standard by Protomotive, but this time running GT30R's will show what can be done (EASY mid 10's using safe parameters, and if you
want to get squirrelly with set-up and boost you can be in the 9's, it is already been done!). Now, as for one off cars: Markski's car will show new
levels of performance never documented before!!! And as for VR Alex's car:
Much faster than any other 996TT built in America to date.
These are my opinions based upon facts which have been gathered and verified by sources who have nothing to gain by lying.
Like I said, ain't 2007 Grand??

Nobody is disputing it cant be done! what you need to understand that stock internals will produce the same power as a a built car with the SAME boltons the difference is RELIABILITY!!! Guy's like Mark & others do it to be safe not sorry. IMHO

Old 02-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by geetee
I have no doubt about proto cars but I still want to see documented trap speeds. EVO currently has 140mph and im sure in the near near future, a higher trap will be recorded.
One thing im really interested in is a comparison btw the 3 custom programs.
Dive vs. marksi vs. VR. What turbos, HP at each boost level, the differences between each. Im not so concerned about the 1/4 times because Im thinking they will be similar with a few mph difference and I believe all 3 have quite a weight difference. It would be so kind Todd K., when dives car is done, if we can get a breakdown of the differences. TIA.
I think ur question is valid but to really compare all 3 we would need a dyno day on all 3 cars at the saem time.... and that will NEVER happen.

I can tell u this: Alex and I share everything except headwork... including GT35R turbos... I have gt3 cup heads with gt3 cams running on GT3 software.
Alex is on 996t software with one off McKenzie heads( very expensive). he has stock cams... my car is tuned for 1.5 bars( maxed the 680 cc injectors) and Alex is at 1.7 bars. His car is lighter as well. I have 8200 rpms and alex I believe 8K.

DIVI is going to have the saem set up except a few diff. like a lightweight 76 mm compressor on a gt35r I believe. he has his stock heads redone and I believe his cam profile is being grinded for the GT3 cam pick up points... thus will be running gt3 software as well....
Unless something changed as of a month ago.. this is as basic as it gets...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-04-2007, 10:07 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
for Power starting with the first shootout in 2003 when Todd's car beat everyone's by a margin greater than all the competitors combined. The new
stock internal standard by Protomotive, but this time running GT30R's will show what can be done
Johnny Knoville in Jackass " the Movie " ate a snow cone with human urine flavoring...He proved it can be done, but was it right and should it be repeated sorry Marty , I couldnt resist ... As for the "New Proto stock internal standard" perhaps you should read a few pages back where TK's response to 700rwhp on stock internals was:

Response to 700hp limit...
Yes, the power is high for stock internals.TK

All about choices at these power levels...Kevin

Old 02-04-2007, 10:44 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Well I guess the conclusion is to be safe with stock internals, who can tune with the most area under the curve with max output being 650rwhp.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:48 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
stock internal standard by Protomotive, but this time running GT30R's will show what can be done (EASY mid 10's using safe parameters, and if you
want to get squirrelly with set-up and boost you can be in the 9's, it is already been done!). Now, as for one off cars: Markski's car will show new
levels of performance never documented before!!! And as for VR Alex's car:
Much faster than any other 996TT built in America to date.
These are my opinions based upon facts which have been gathered and verified by sources who have nothing to gain by lying.
Like I said, ain't 2007 Grand??
A stock motor pushing that kind of power hmmm, DMK said it best "tuned right before BOOOOOM" ...tom

Old 02-04-2007, 10:48 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by geetee
Well I guess the conclusion is to be safe with stock internals, who can tune with the most area under the curve with max output being 650rwhp.
+1........rep for you

Old 02-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I can tell u this: Alex and I share everything except headwork... including GT35R turbos... I have gt3 cup heads with gt3 cams running on GT3 software.
Alex is on 996t software with one off McKenzie heads( very expensive). he has stock cams... my car is tuned for 1.5 bars( maxed the 680 cc injectors) and Alex is at 1.7 bars. His car is lighter as well. I have 8200 rpms and alex I believe 8K.

DIVI is going to have the saem set up except a few diff. like a lightweight 76 mm compressor on a gt35r I believe. he has his stock heads redone and I believe his cam profile is being grinded for the GT3 cam pick up points... thus will be running gt3 software as well....
Unless something changed as of a month ago.. this is as basic as it gets...
markski
There's one more car that will getting the full Monty; my best friend and next-door neighbor, Peter. His car will be going down to Todd's this month, and he'll be getting a mirror-image setup of VRAlex's car....all the way down to the McKenzie heads and keeping the AWD. His heads are already being prepped as we speak by McKenzie. Once his car returns home, we'll go to the same AWD Mustang dyno at the same time and report the results.

IRT the stock-internals discussion...we're never going to know how much power these cars can handle on stock internals unless guys like Bobby, Jamie, Suman and DMK take their cars to the limits for us. Whether we agree with it or not, it's their money, thier cars, and their choice. The good thing is we all benefit from the knowledge gained by their experimentation.

Look at it this way; no one would have ever known you could take a Supra to 1,000 rwhp on stock internals unless someone had the ***** (and money) to try it first.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 02-05-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Whether we agree with it or not, it's their money, thier cars, and their choice.
Scott, I agree wholeheartedtly that it should be someone elses money and motor... Kevin

Old 02-04-2007, 11:30 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
There's one more car that will getting the full Monty; my best friend and next-door neighbor, Peter. His car will be going down to Todd's this month, and he'll be getting a mirror-image setup of VRAlex's car....all the way down to the McKenzie heads and remaining AWD. His heads are already being prepped as we speak by McKenzie.

IRT the stock-internals discussion...we're never going to know how much power these cars can handle on stock internals unless guys like Bobby, Jamie, Suman and DMK take their cars to the limits for us. Whether we agree with it or not, it's their money, thier cars, and their choice. The good thing is we all benefit from the knowledge gained by their experimentation.

Look at this way; no one would have ever known you could take a Supra to 1,000 rwhp on stock internals unless someone had the ***** (and money) to try it first.
Oh wow Scott, this seems like a big year for Todd/Proto, that is awesome! And i agree with what you said, i also fear for their motors and hope nothing happens!