996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Roll Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:07 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
LOL Martin you are getting ripped on this one bud. I do it to but have lost one clutch before. I would like to know how the clutch and flywheels work in detail to know how to preserve the clutch.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:18 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I really dont care, because they cant visualize what i am talking about. I have seen 100's of videos where drivers show their clutch work or how easy a car is to drive, by not even touching the gas to engage into first gear (HPF Turbo m3, RUF RT12). There is no burning, hesitating, bucking or anything of that nature.

They are simply misunderstanding what i am talking about, anyone who has been with me in the car can tell you i know how to drive, my lap times in a bone stock M3 show for it at limerock, so im not worried what people think

Old 02-03-2007, 01:27 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I really dont care, because they cant visualize what i am talking about. I have seen 100's of videos where drivers show their clutch work or how easy a car is to drive, by not even touching the gas to engage into first gear (HPF Turbo m3, RUF RT12). There is no burning, hesitating, bucking or anything of that nature.

They are simply misunderstanding what i am talking about, anyone who has been with me in the car can tell you i know how to drive, my lap times in a bone stock M3 show for it at limerock, so im not worried what people think
I think there is a minor degree of misunderstanding here, you are saying things that must occur for the car to go in motion, to hold the clutch is absolutely better than trying to slip the clutch to take off which is what most people do. I think they are saying that sitting at a light for the duration while having the clutch engaged and not moving is bad for the clutch which I have heard before but upon anticipation of the light turning green allowing the clutch to engage and then giving gas cannot be wrong. If you are on a hill you should brake to keep from rolling back for the most part. In fact I would dare to say trying to drive with the e-brake on and letting it off cant be too good for the clutch either. Clutch Burn.

Last edited by heavychevy; 02-03-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:29 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I think there is a minor degree of misunderstanding here, you are saying things that must occur for the car to go in motion, to hold the clutch is absolutely better than trying to slip the clutch to take off which is what most people do. I think they are saying that sitting at a light for the duration while having the clutch engaged and not moving is bad for the clutch which I have heard before but upon anticipation of the light turning green allowing the clutch to engage and then giving gas cannot be wrong.
Ahh, finally someone understand I guess my explanation was bad, although people should try reading a little better