996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone recognize the DV's in the picture?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Stanford is on a distinguished road
Anyone recognize the DV's in the picture?

I'm new to the thread, but I have been lurking and appreciate the wealth of information from a number of posters here.

I purchased a 2004 996tt X-50 with 7K miles about a month ago and have been working on a few modifications with Sharky.

The car already had the EP stage II loud pipes (which sound great), the Blistein PSS9 suspension, upgraded diverter valves? and a K&N filter.

With the help of Sharky we added the K24 EVO headers and a GIAC flash.

The bar readings were very good before the flash (.90 to 1.0), but there wasn't a measurable change after the flash.

We're still playing with the wastegate settings in between the snow storms up here in Colorado and will most likely change to wastegates to the EVO wategates if we can't get the stock ones to work properly with the current set up.

I was wondering if anyone here recognizes the brand of diverter valves that are on the car and has had any experience with them? They are a dark purple made of billet aluminum with fins on the lower sides. Picture attached I hope.

Jim

PS: A special thanks to Starky for all of his help and to Arling for the great looking new wheels.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Stanford; 02-04-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:40 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Sure looks like EVOs with the finned sides... I have Forge and they are smooth sided...Kevin

Old 02-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Kevin,

Thanks for the response. In searching the web I can't find an EVO (Bailey Motorsport) DV with the dark purple color and with the fins.

Maybe Todd from EVO can help?

Jim

Last edited by Stanford; 02-04-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:54 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Mike...here is the link to the EVO site http://evoms.com/marketplace/ViewPro...6BAA8FD5E55%7D those are EVO DV's...Baileys are a different manufacturer I believe. Yours may just have been painted, since they only come in black or polished aluminum.Kevin

Old 02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned
George@Revo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stanford
Kevin,

Thanks for the response. In searching the web I can't find an EVO (Bailey Motorsport) DV with the dark purple color and with the fins.

Make Mike from EVO can help?

Jim
They could be an EVO knock off. While at SEMA last year I saw several Asian companies showing DV's that looked exactly like units from Forge, EVO, Stratmosphere etc. It's a simple design and easy to copy.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:11 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The orginal units made did not have the EVO logos. From the picture they look like they are the black EVO units.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
The orginal units made did not have the EVO logos. From the picture they look like they are the black EVO units.
Stephen,

Thanks, I have an email into Mike at EVO to see if they made a dark purple one a few years back. I think Kevin is right, it does look identical to the EVO model and there isn't an EVO logo on the top.

Jim

Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stanford
With the help of Sharky we added the K24 EVO headers and a GIAC flash.

The bar readings were very good before the flash (.90 to 1.0), but there wasn't a measurable change after the flash.
Stanford -- sounds like a great car! Any idea why the GIAC flash didn't produce noticeable change? Is it the stock wastegates, or could your car have alrady been flashed?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Alpha
Stanford -- sounds like a great car! Any idea why the GIAC flash didn't produce noticeable change? Is it the stock wastegates, or could your car have alrady been flashed?
My first thought was that the car may have already been flashed since the bar readings were already running pretty good before the flash. Sharky checked out the ECU and is confident that the car was not flashed.

I tightened the screws on the stock wastegates from 8 threads to 12 threads and didn't get any change in the bar readings.

Once the roads clear up a little more I'll try going to 15 threads. If that doesn't help I plan on trying the EVO wastegates to see if they can improve the performance on the ECU flash.

With all the snow up here this season it's been difficult to do much testing.

Jim