996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone a member of the Delaware region of the PCA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:18 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Joey more info about this karting, i would LOVE to do it with you guys
http://www.midatlanticgrandprix.com/

It's rediculously fun. Most of the carts are acutally pretty fast, like 35 mph (and you're 3 inches off the ground). 8 Minutes per race. So much fun!

-Joe

Edit: Pg 6 and 7 ownages. Oh yeah My life is complete!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Well, simple physics says that the more you weigh, the more it takes to overcome intertia to get you (and your cart) moving... however, you'll have added momentum once you're up to speed. The thing you have to remember is to slow down rather than slide, as sliding will slow you down too much, making it necessary to get back up to speed. After a few more sessions you will be comfortable enough to get a bit more aggressive and work on the technical aspects of the course.

Or just do what you feel is right... . The weight difference isn't actually very important because the carts are gasoline powered and fast. Arnold's electric sleds were affected drastically by weight, but it's almost negligible at Mid Atlantic.
Joe, Im pretty sure a 10-15 lbs difference is negligible, but when one has around a 40 lb advantage in 200 or so lb machines, im pretty sure there is a bit of difference(probably around .1-.2 seconds with equal drivers)...that being said, they are MUCH more equal then at Arnolds...obv unless the car you get doesnt seem to want to pass 20 miles an hr...then you can just bend over for everybody....

For the record...NEVER take 12...

Joe, we need a list of good and bad karts...we shall work on that...

Old 02-21-2007, 06:14 PM
GarnetRedCoupe will become famous soon enough
I am, or will be soon, a duel member with Chesapeake and the del region. I didn't read all the posts but Karting sounds fun to me (and it sure beats driving 2hrs to Allsports)!

Last edited by GarnetRedCoupe; 02-21-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:17 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sechsgang
Joe, Im pretty sure a 10-15 lbs difference is negligible, but when one has around a 40 lb advantage in 200 or so lb machines, im pretty sure there is a bit of difference(probably around .1-.2 seconds with equal drivers)...that being said, they are MUCH more equal then at Arnolds...obv unless the car you get doesnt seem to want to pass 20 miles an hr...then you can just bend over for everybody....

For the record...NEVER take 12...

Joe, we need a list of good and bad karts...we shall work on that...
The track is def too short to compensate for the weight difference-- it's all about carrying one's momentum.

So far we know:
12- sucks
4-good overall, not much speed
20- not bad

Old 02-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Would you guys be able to swing a week night. We could hit the track and then get a beer somewhere or wings, or whatever.

And, no, Drew, I won't bail out this time!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 08:08 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeyG
The track is def too short to compensate for the weight difference-- it's all about carrying one's momentum.

So far we know:
12- sucks
20- not bad

I woud be willing to bet that the weight DOES have a difference even if only because mistakes are amplified...

A heavy driver can still kick ***...they just need to be particularly adept...

I would say a good .1-.2 tenth advantage for ever 40 or so lbs...even on just he 2 longish straights...

So far we know:
12- sucks
20- not bad
19-great allarounder

Old 02-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Kevinw23
Would you guys be able to swing a week night. We could hit the track and then get a beer somewhere or wings, or whatever.

I can't do week nights... too much studying to do! And I'll have to stick with rootbeer . I look 12...

Old 02-21-2007, 09:12 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin,

I can do a weeknight for sure....and the beer as well But it doesnt HAVE to be in that order jk

Drew/Joey,

Add Kart #1 to the list of "good" karts. Although it was my first/only time out on the track, that baby seemed to have some *****....for a kart

Old 02-21-2007, 09:15 PM
i can do weekdays aswell...but wont be drinking...

Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 PM
^^ The following is a quick illustration of the effects of alcohol in carting.

Red line= Sober, aka, drinks after.
Green line= drinks first

Enjoy the paint creation!

Old 02-21-2007, 09:48 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ LOL

There should be a Blue Line for my girlfriends route

Old 02-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Where does the velocity of the kart = zero...as the booting would most likely hinder the karts movement a bit...

Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 PM
GarnetRedCoupe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Kevinw23

Yes and beer sounds good before and after

Old 02-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
^^^ LOL

There should be a Blue Line for my girlfriends route
See... I started the blue line before I did the green and the red. The problem is it's taking too damned long! I've only gone about 1/8 of an inch... I'm trying to be representative here, and I'm having trouble drawing that slowly.