996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone a member of the Delaware region of the PCA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Anyone a member of the Delaware region of the PCA?

I just joined and got my first newsletter for the local Delaware chapter of the PCA. Anyone else belong and attend meetings and events?

I was thinking about starting to go to some of the winter events / meets, to keep from going into full detox becuase I can't drive the car in this awful weather.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:49 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
ya, although I am a RTR guy (the berwyn, wayne, KOP, Brynmawr area), Im going to be really involved within the next year...

cant wait...lemme know about any events iin the DE area...I would love to participate!

Old 02-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I am located in Media but I work in Wilmington. Wonder if it would pay to belong to both local chapters???

They are doing a breakfast next Saturday in Christiana. I might go, since I have never been to an event, or meet.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:18 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
That sounds like it could be fun...

I think it would definitely be beneficial to be a member of both regions...

Old 02-09-2007, 11:24 PM
gsxr1074 is on a distinguished road
I am also a RTR member

I went to my first driver event last year at Shenandoah and I had alot of fun and I plan on doing it again.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:11 AM
CSD952 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am just north of Wilmington but work there and have not joined yet but will now that I have a P-car again. I'll see you at some events.

Carmen
________
03 TT X50 - Midnight Blue/Grey stock so far...

Old 02-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Very cool. My offices are in Wilmington as well. Let me know what events and things you plan to do as time goes on.

My email is : kevin@bwdesigngrp.com

Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 PM
anyone here going to the zone 2 DE event at VIR???

Old 02-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Can you give some details. I have not heard about this event.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:29 AM
It was organized by the zone two region PCA members and is at VIR from mar 17-19...you can get to more info by going to the pca site, getting to the region map, and clicking the zone two link...then click on the events thing...I think this one is full...but you can try to get a spot anyway...

Old 02-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Kevin-

I live in Wilmington and work up here in Willow Grove.

We (A.W.E. Tuning) are very active with RTR. The size of the club is much larger than Delaware. I would say it's worth belonging to to both.

Have you had a chance to check out the indoor kart track on Rt.13? It's called Mid Atlantic Grand Prix. It's the perfect way to get your speed fix...

I'm usually there a few times per month. Myself and Habitat (6speed member) are regulars. We should get together and turn some laps. We usually follow that up with a few beers downtown.

mike@awe-tuning.com

Old 02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Mike,

I am totally up for that. If you get a chance, shoot me an email and we can make it happen. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:31 PM
I go there all the time...its a GREAT place...

Lemme know when you guys are going there!

Old 02-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Next time we go, I will ping you both.

I met up with some BMW guys last week and did a 150 lap enduro WITH NO DRIVER CHANGES! That coupled with temps in the teens was pretty interesting.

I was banking on a few cautions to rest a bit, but that was not the case. The group consisted of experienced and courteous drivers. There was not a single caution.

Fingers and toes were all numb, and my arms were so beat up, I had a hard time lifting them to remove my helmet.

Generally we run for 8 minutes and cover about 21 laps. The 150 was brutal.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:12 PM
wow...I have only gone about 3-4 times...I have managed to get around a 22.5 during a fully run "heat"...I just need some help with the specifics of the track...very different then arnolds...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone a member of the Delaware region of the PCA?